Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Does it look bad if you send in only two subject tests?

reallycool9reallycool9 Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
edited September 2011 in Cornell University
I'm applying early decision and I haven't taken any subject tests...I'm taking two this week. Probably two more in November but I don't know if Cornell will get them on time. CAS only requires two and I know people recommend that I take 3 to be safe, I simply don't have the time at this point to finish preparing for 3 tests this Saturday :( So, is it bad if you send in only two tests initially?
Post edited by reallycool9 on

Replies to: Does it look bad if you send in only two subject tests?

• trigirl26trigirl26 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    I don't think it's bad. Just make sure you do really well on the ones you ARE going to take and you should be fine (:
  • csdadcsdad Registered User Posts: 2,289 Senior Member
    If the requirement is 2, you have fufilled the requirement. For the students from our school who've been accepted at Cornell, the subject test scores have meant little (my D was accepted with a 640 & 590), but none of them were in CAS.
  • MarianMarian Registered User Posts: 12,995 Senior Member
    My daughter was accepted ED to CAS, and she had two 790s (and a 760, which I assume was irrelevant). But whether she needed scores that high is another issue -- how could anyone know?
This discussion has been closed.