Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

transferring out of cornel

daday123daday123 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
edited June 2013 in Cornell University
Could you transfer from a college in Cornell to another college in Cornell? What's the process like?
Post edited by daday123 on

Replies to: transferring out of cornel

• csdadcsdad Registered User Posts: 2,289 Senior Member
    I believe that it is not that difficult if you have a 3.0 GPA & can spell "Cornell" correctly in a thread title on an internet forum:)
  • daday123daday123 Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    Just realized that lol!
  • LelykeLelyke Registered User Posts: 589 Member
    Your title is misleading
  • lichte94lichte94 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    To the OP:

Office of Internal Transfer
    Most answers can be found here. Also, I would look into the specific major or college you want to transfer into. They usually want you to complete a couple of courses before you apply to transfer, and it varies by major. For some, you need to be an enrolled student for a year in order to apply for transfer; for others, just a semester.
  • johnny05johnny05 Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    From my experience the people who handle the transfer procedure are extremely nice to you if your grades are good. If your grades are not so well, which would usually be the case if you're seeking to transfer to a different school in Cornell, then they can be patronizing and the process can be more stressful than it needs to be.
This discussion has been closed.