Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Accepting Financial Aid Offer

coolguy300coolguy300 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited July 2013 in Cornell University
How do you accept the financial aid offer from Cornell?

Not really a place to accept/decline as far as I can see.
Post edited by coolguy300 on

Replies to: Accepting Financial Aid Offer

• coolguy300coolguy300 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    any class of 2017ers know?
  • dkata1dkata1 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey coolguy300

I had the same question, so I emailed the FAO and here is what they replied:

"The enrollment deposit is your acceptance of the aid package offered. There are separate steps to take to accept loans in the aid package, but these are not available until after July 1 and we will send directions at that time."

Hope that answer helps.
  • cle0patracle0patra Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    I was wondering the same thing so I went onto newstudents.cornell.edu, and took a look at the first year student's To Do List.

On the To Do List, under the column "forms to fill out" there's a form regarding Financial aid recipients; a Financial aid application certification.

Hope that helps guys!
  • ladyelizabeth429ladyelizabeth429 Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    The FinAid app certification has nothing to do with accepting your package; it's something you had to fill out when you submitted your FA materials.
    @ladyelizabeth

Were you accepted to Cornell? And actually the Financial aid certification is NOT submitted when you submit FA materials. Once you're accepted, and receive your NET ID you log on to the New Student To-Do List and you'll see that the Financial aid certification form is not availiable until some point in the summer.

It clearly says that "All financial aid recipients are required to complete this form before aid can be disbursed to their account".

https://newstudents.cornell.edu/first-year/todolist/
    I was accepted as a transfer this year (GT though since I was waitlisted last year). In that case, it's probably slightly different for freshmen than it is for transfers (or at least guaranteed transfers).

http://admissions.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/2013FallTO.pdf

As you can see, the Certification is attached. You're agreeing to accept your financial aid package upon submission of your materials before your aid is even processed.

The to-do list for freshmen looks the same as the one for transfers in that regard. Only difference being they're submitted at different times during the app process. Now we've learned something new today, haven't we?
    @ladyelizabeth

I am unfamiliar with how things go for a transfer student. The forms are the exact same so yeah apparently they're submitted at a different point for a transfer student. Being that the OP is a memeber of the class of 2017 (just as I am), their aid certification will be found in the To-Do-List...correct?
    It should be if you saw it in yours.
This discussion has been closed.