Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Easiest courses to complete bio/life sci requirements for CALS?

laurenbrittanylaurenbrittany Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
edited May 2013 in Cornell University
I'm an AEM major in CALS, and I'm looking into courses that will fulfill my biology/life science requirement for the college. Obviously, I'm not very focused on the sciences because I'm in the business program, and would like to take easier science classes so I can focus on the courses that really matter for me. I'm double concentrating in finance and accounting as well as minoring in math, so my schedule is kind of packed; it's not that memorizing cellular processes and anatomy isn't worthwhile or interesting, but I'll be taking 4000-level math classes (I'm an incoming sophomore and was a math major at my previous school) this semester and will probably be spending a lot of time on problem sets as well as my AEM classes. Does anyone know which bio/life science classes require the least amount of work? I'm not looking to take a lab, either. Thank you! :)
Post edited by laurenbrittany on

Replies to: Easiest courses to complete bio/life sci requirements for CALS?

• lichte94lichte94 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Your advisor will probably give you a list of these, but usually any ENTOM class will probably be easy. Also, something called "Green World, Blue Planet" is notoriously a class that AEM majors take. In the spring, the class "Magical Mushrooms, Mischievous Molds" is one of the famous easy bio classes.

For Physics, they have things like "Physics of the Heavens and Earth" and "Why is the Sky Blue?" For Chem, they have "The Language of Chemistry"

I advise you not to take a bio class that starts with "BIO__"

Good luck!

Sincerely,
    An aspiring Comm/AEM double major
This discussion has been closed.