right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Recommender

custnercustner 8 replies17 threads New Member
edited November 2013 in Cornell University
Hi

I have a close friend, we are both from Sweden, that is a current Cornell student. Should I use him as a recommender in my application?

Thanks
edited November 2013
2 replies
Post edited by custner on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Recommender

• T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    absolutely not. That is not the purpose of the recommendations to Cornell. Cornell wants recommenders who know you as a student, not as a friend. The fact that your friend is a Cornell student is meaningless to Cornell admissions
    · Reply · Share
  • ForeverFishForeverFish 281 replies17 threads Junior Member
    ^This. My friend, whose father is an influential Cornell alumnus, offered to have him write me a recommendation, but I declined on that exact basis. "Connections" won't get you very far in the Ivy applications process, unless you're a legacy or have studied with faculty at the school in question.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity