Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

• bettycrocker03bettycrocker03 Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    Hey guys, sorry if this has already been asked on the thread, but for the Mid-Term Report, is it okay/will it still be accepted if I send it online a few days past the March 15 deadline? One of my profs can't get the form back to me until then.
  • keepcalmandtransferkeepcalmandtransfer Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    Yes, @bettycrocker03 I read the deadline was April 15th, but was told to get it in by April 1st. I am in same boat--midterms have yet to be graded
  • Mastodon97Mastodon97 Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    edited March 2017
    @keepcalmandtransfer
    Yup, all the ILR required classes, I've already finished all the requirements. I worked super hard to get an A in all of them. I knew I wanted to transfer even before the end of my winter quarter of freshman year at my current school into ILR, so I specifically set up my schedule for ILR (I was taking another university's course work at my current university lol)
  • bettycrocker03bettycrocker03 Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    @keepcalmandtransfer Okay cool, thank goodness. Thanks for your help :)
    @Mastodon97 Same. I took Stat. over Winter Session somewhere else. I am at a "hidden" Ivy that delusionally thinks it is an Ivy and I am going nowhere fast. I was on the Common App. in August--I win! ;)
    edited March 2017
    @keepcalmandtransfer Wait you applied in august?
    Not at all @Mastadon97 I just opened my commom app account then.
    @keepcalmandtransfer Ohh lol, well good luck! Hope to see you there.
    How many of you guys are submitting an actual resume along with your Common App? Just curious.
  • ILRie18ILRie18 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    @Mastodon97 It's practically neccessary. Most activities require more space for a description than is offered by the Common App. I simply used the Common App space to list the details of my position, whereas the resume discusses my duties at the job, etc.
    edited March 2017
    @ILRie18 Crap, I don't really have the need for submitting a resume as I feel that all the info I want to provide is covered by the Activities space. I don't know if thats a bad sign or not :( BTW you asked me for my stats and I actually submitted them in an earlier post on this thread but I'll post it again cause I'd love feedback on it.

Bengali-American
    HS GPA: 3.3-This was due to a lot of family and personal troubles.
    ECs: Not that much, just some volunteering.
    SAT: 1980
    ACT: 28

College GPA: 3.8 (I'm currently a sophomore).
    Also note that I have gotten an A in all of the ILR School's pre-requisite classes.
    ECs: -Mock Trial,- College Newspaper, College Activities Board, College Residential Education Department, Deans List, Political Club

Got 2 really amazing recs from Professors.

I'm pretty good at writing, so my essays are (hopefully) great.
  • rubberducky123rubberducky123 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Just sent off my sophomore transfer application to CAS at Cornell! International student applying from a top 5 UK uni for Econ.
    For anyone that knows about ILR Transfer admissions, is it true that Ian himself calls you if you get accepted before you are notified online?
  • TransferKid14TransferKid14 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Is it ok if the financial aid is submitted after 3/15?
    edited March 2017
    @TransferKid14 Absolutely, since the Common App deadline is today, they don't expect financial aid info until everyone gets their portal information. I haven't even gotten mine yet lol.
This discussion has been closed.