Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

• teaxcupcakesteaxcupcakes Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    @Ishouldliveinslt I only asked for biological sciences, so Im not sure about other majors
  • wonderfulpancakewonderfulpancake Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Have any admitted students received their financial aid package yet? I was admitted aem on 5/31 and have not. Just wondering if anyone has gotten theirs and how long it took after they were accepted. Thanks!
  • litlhoward2468litlhoward2468 Registered User Posts: 263 Junior Member
    anyone know when we get our housing?
  • OhrightrightOhrightright Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2017
    I called the cals admissions office this am and they said final decisions for applicants on their waitlist will be emailed at some point today.
  • trynamakecollegetrynamakecollege Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    I just got off the waitlist but I was offered the transfer option for spring 2018!
  • teaxcupcakesteaxcupcakes Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    edited June 2017
    Didn't get off waitlist :( oh well, been a good ride
  • trynamakecollegetrynamakecollege Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    @teaxcupcakes I'm so sorry to hear that :( Thanks for all your help with the waitlist info!!! You will be successful no matter where you go!
  • OhrightrightOhrightright Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I never got my notification so I called again this am. For their environmental major final decisions won't be available until some point in July.
  • somethingscriptsomethingscript Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    @wonderfulpancake Cornell told me they send out financial aid packages every Wednesday. I was admitted on 5/23 and just got my package. Hopefully you did too!
  • USAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Does anyone know when we get housing assignments?
  • TilltheendTilltheend Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Is there a transfer student group on facebook?
  • runzwitsiccorsrunzwitsiccors Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm going to be a freshman in the engineering school, how difficult would it be to switch out to AEM if if I realize that I don't want to do engineering?
  • vikstar777vikstar777 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Any AEM wait lists heard back yet ? It has been a good month since I was wait listed, losing all hope!
  • ObLiViOuSx99ObLiViOuSx99 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    edited July 2017
    For those who applied this year for transfer, can you guys please list in order the easiest and hardest (in terms of acceptance rate) to transfer into at Cornell. How hard is it to transfer into hotel school or ILR specifically?
    Thanks
  • hopeful112hopeful112 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Hello everyone! It would be great if someone could give me feedback and chance me! I know it is a stretch but I thought might as well apply.

Applying for Fall 2018 as a Sociology major

State (if domestic applicant): Connecticut
    HS Type: Medium/Large public? (Had over 300 in my graduating class)
    Ethnicity: White
    Income Bracket: Lower/middle class, net pay $45-50,000
    Hooks: First generation college student

High School GPA: 4.0 weighted (Top 10% of class)
    College GPA: 3.7

I currently attend a community college in CT. I graduated with an A.A. in Multimedia Spring 2017, but I honestly just graduated to finish the degree. I have no interest in majoring in multimedia anymore. I stayed an extra year to do more general ed classes (I started Fall 2015 at CC, and will finish in Spring 2018), as a lot of my classes were art based.

SAT is unfortunate for me (I do not perform well on timed tests....20 minutes to answer 25 questions and read a short story?! It does not work for me, and it should not work for everyone, so it's kind of ridiculous that it is a universal test....LOL ok rant over): 1560/2400

Does Cornell request transfers to submit AP scores? I feel they are worthless to them as I already completed the same classes in college...

APs that I passed (LOL): Language and Composition, Chemistry

Fall 2017 Courses - 12 credits
    Film Study & Appreciation
    Racial and Ethnic Diversity
    Ethics
    Introduction to Anthropology

Spring 2018 Courses - 9 credits
    American Government
    Sociology of the Family
    Modern Western Literature

The reason why I am only taking 9 credits this spring is that I work 30 hours a week and will also begin an internship that is 5-10 hours a week, which means I could potentially be working up to 40 hours a week. Even though I've been working 30 hours a week two out of the three years at community college, I don't want to overwhelm myself with four to five classes since I am also starting the internship.

I'm also considering enrolling in one or two summer courses this year.

Extracurriculars:
    Habitat for Humanity (at my college)
    Mentor at Boys & Girls Club (will be switching departments to start an internship)
    Heifer Farm three day program

Unfortunately, I have not been able to be a part of most extracurricular activities at my college anymore due to my work schedule.

When I complete the Spring 2018 semester, I will have completed 85 credits. Go figure lol

Honors:
    Phi Theta Kappa

Thanks if anyone can give me feedback!!!