Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

• CornellAEMpleaseCornellAEMplease Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    @johnpfc3 I've spent a lot of time looking into the schools....hence my name....
  • johnpfc3johnpfc3 Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    @CornellAEMplease So show me the stats "out there". I have yet to see anything with those numbers for Dyson, and in fact I actually called admissions and they said that the business program is their most competitive application pool. And your username gives you no authority or any more knowledge on the matter lmao
  • spemmar1spemmar1 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Good point. I didn't realize your name had AEM in it. My apologies. Please notify Dyson that they are misleading prospective applicants with the following data. We owe you a debt of gratitude for your incredible insight, Mr. AEM.

http://publications.dyson.cornell.edu/docs/Dyson-Info-Sheet.pdf
  • spemmar1spemmar1 Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    One last point, if you are stating the transfer acceptance rate into AEM is 25% (which is grossly high) you must also eliminate transfer option students from that mix.
  • terr24lrterr24lr Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    Yeah 15-25% for AEM doesn't sound right. If I had to guess I would say anywhere between 5-8% but hopefully someone can pull up some verified stats of AEM transfer rates
  • nubes24nubes24 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Chance me please! Really nervous

Applying for art and science
    Asian international student, currently sophomore
    Major: philosophy/religion
    College: top20 liberal arts college
    GPA: 3.75/4 (went to nearby university to take graduate level class)
    SAT 2000+ urgh
    Rec: 3 department deans, 2 strong, 1 regular. Another rec from Cornell professor
    EC: Cofounder of an artsy company(8000 ppl followed on sns), organizer of an online study group(6000 ppl involved), Columbia summer school, TA

HS: public school
    GPA 94/100 top1%
    EC: varsity team, creative writing national first place, student union president.

Please chance me. Cornell is my dream school, very very very nervous
  • taryn97taryn97 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    hey guys, i called aem a few weeks ago. They said that the transfer rate is only around 7 percent. :)
    Not sure if they got it right but, i sure do hope the 15-25 is real! fingers crossed! :D
  • taryn97taryn97 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    @nubes24 Hey! I'm an asian international student, too! I think you have a really good chance of getting in! Cornell doesnt require SAT scores but if you send them in i think it will help quite a lot cuz you scored really well! Cornell admissions says that they take the essay pretty seriously, too! Hope you get in!!! ( I'm applying too! :D)
  • BTAN30BTAN30 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello everyone, PLEASE chance me!!!

Applying for Arts and Sciences
    International Student, currently sophomore
    College: Good Public University in LI, NY
    Major: Economics ( going to minor in Finance)
    GPA: 3.78 (Dean's List for Fall15, Spring16, Fall16)
    SAT: 1750 ( I know it is not good, so should I just not send my scores?)
    Rec: One from English Professor, one from Economics Professor
    EC: Brother of a social fraternity, member of variety clubs such as Investment Club, Economics Club... Member of NSCS( Honor Society), had an internship in an investment bank. Also, I am a volunteered teacher in my home country to teach reading and writing who need it.

HS: Private School in the USA
    GPA: 3.70
    EC: Captain for many of the varsity teams like football, swimming... Variety of clubs and student body treasurer.

-My essays include my dreams and future career plans with strong characteristics I have.

What is my chance to get accepted? I am only applying to Cornell because it is my dream school so every comment would be so important for me! I appreciate all the comments, thank you!!

• nubes24nubes24 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Thank you! Best luck for you too!
  • TilltheendTilltheend Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    Did you guys submit all your materials already? What does it say on the self-services portal?
  • jpug13jpug13 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    edited March 2017
    Applying to the Cornell college of architecture art and planning. (Art program)

Please chance me!

Transferring from Rhode Island School of Design which is one of the best art and design schools in the country in my opinion.

3.5 gpa in high school
    3.5 gpa at risd
    Recommendations from my Drawing teacher and my spatial dynamics teacher
    (Spatial dynamics teacher has some contacts with teachers in the Cornell aap program)
    On the risd basketball team
    Strong art portfolio with several different types of mediums throughout my work
    3 varsity sports, art club president
    Gold key portfolio in scholastic art and writing awards

Sorry if I did not provide enough information. Please let me know what you think my chances of getting into the Cornell art program are! Thanks!
  • Mastodon97Mastodon97 Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just thought I would make a transfer thread for any of us Cornell hopefuls since the March 15th deadline is coming up. Anybody else transferring to ILR or any other school? Feel free to post stats!
  • Mastodon97Mastodon97 Registered User Posts: 725 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just thought I would make a transfer thread for any of us Cornell hopefuls since the March 15th deadline is coming up. Anybody else transferring to ILR or any other school? Feel free to post stats!
  • sleighride4lifesleighride4life Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm also applying for Cornell! I'm applying to the engineering department, specifically the biomedical engineering major. Hopefully more people begin posting soon!
This discussion has been closed.