Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

• ILR2020ILR2020 Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    @Mastodon97 I am applying to ILR
  • johnpfc3johnpfc3 Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    @DrRich wait so you're expected to graduate this June? how are you applying as a transfer lmao
  • jpug13jpug13 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Anyone applying to aap?
  • chamberswchambersw Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    For admissions into CALS , how competitive are you if you meet the GPA requirement (3.0) and completed all the required courses for your intended major with B's and above. Also does it give you an advantage if you go to a school that has an articulation agreement with CALS?
  • DrRichDrRich Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    @johnpfc3 I am graduating with my Associate's in Arts this June. :)
  • krutoiparen11krutoiparen11 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey guys,
    Do you think sending midterms in April is acceptable? Cannot send them right now. They won't be available until the beginning of April.
    My current GPA is high, but midterms are going to be low (about 3.0). The same thing happened in the last semester, but eventually I had a nearly perfect GPA.
    Do y think bad mid term grades will significantly lower my chances?
  • MysteriousDudeMysteriousDude Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    @krutoiparen11 I think they mostly consider the fact that you don't flunk your schoolwork and face academic probation. As long as you keep a decent GPA (3.0 or higher) I think you should be good. A higher GPA is always a plus of course, but don't stress it. It's just a snapshot.
  • yoonicessyoonicess Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Those of you who submitted your application already, did you guys receive your ApplicantID? I submitted my application three days ago and still hasn't received the Applicant ID and PIN :/
  • InfoSciInfoSci Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Those who are applying for financial aid: Have you received your IDOC ID yet, and if so, how long was it after you submitted your application? Thanks!
    Is anyone applying to the development sociology major ? They say its a "small" major , does that mean that less people are applying or that there are very few spaces?
    Is anyone applying from an institution that has an articulation agreement with CALS? If so did you complete all the required courses for your major ?
  • jpug13jpug13 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    I sent my high school transcript and college transcript both on march 1st and they haven't shown up on my application status checklist. Is this a problem or will they show up soon?
  • MysteriousDudeMysteriousDude Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    @jpug13 They say it can take up to 2-3 weeks to process documents after they come in. I contacted admissions since my documents were sent in February and still don't show up lol
  • panicattheapppanicattheapp Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    Hi. I'm a freshman at majoring in Statistics. I plan on applying to transfer to CALS Biometry and Statistics program.

GPA: 4.0 HS GPA: 3.8 EC: Worked in a computational biology lab at a well renowned hospital in New York City for a summer. Member in an Israeli Business group at my school and will be working at Deloitte in Israel. Recommendations: My boss from the computational bio. lab (11/10), my academic advisor (10/10), my writing teacher (10/10) Essays are really good.

I literally just applied a day or two ago, best of luck everyone.
  • va2pittsburghva2pittsburgh Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Hey guys!

I am currently going to an ACC school. I've been planning this transfer for a while and I'm glad to see the thread has been made.

High school:
    GPA around a 3.3, I don't think anything from high school matters much since I'm applying for my Junior year

College:
    -Sophomore, applying as jr
    -Major: Currently finance, applying for Economics
    -69 Credits total
    -have all the requirements for the Econ major except for Calc II (will take this summer)
    GPA: 3.54, had a 3.78 last semester taking 18 credits
    Involvement: Solid, two E-board positions, involved in a few clubs and I'm being trained in the music department by a well known jazz guitarist
    -Recommendation: One from my Jazz guitar teacher, and American Literature professor (received an A+ in course)

I notice people like to mention their internships on this forum but I'm confused as to how you wold incorporate them into the CommonApp. Other then schools that accept resumes, is there something I'm missing?
This discussion has been closed.