Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cornell Class of 2021 Guaranteed Transfer Discussion Thread

Replies to: Cornell Class of 2021 Guaranteed Transfer Discussion Thread

• apcoleapcole Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey everyone,
    I got accepted into CALS. For all of you who got a grade that was lower than what they expected you to get, don't be worried. I had to get at least a B in all my classes, but I got a B- in chemistry last quarter. Good luck!
  • dbap819dbap819 Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    Congrats! Really good to hear considering I also got a B- in chemistry and was wondering if that was why my response was being delayed. But do you mind sharing when did you have all of your materials checked off and if your financial aid stuff said ordered before you got your response ?
  • littlepuppy503littlepuppy503 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    What does it mean if all my financial stuff says “initiated”?
  • Steglitz90Steglitz90 Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
    @apcole Good to know about the acceptance despite the B- in chem. My S was just accepted into CALS (Envir Sci) today, but is worried his Chem II grade may be a C+/B- (it's hard to tell b/c there will be some sort of curve, but who knows what that will be). He is hoping that this won't pull his acceptance as he has withdrawn from his current school based on Cornell's admission.
  • luckybellluckybell Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Wanted to let everyone know about financial aid packages this year. I just got mine and they were about 3,000 dollars more expensive than the online calculator so it's really accurate! Hope this helps any of you still waiting to hear back!
  • contradancercontradancer Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Are there any CALS GTs who have not heard yet?
  • apcoleapcole Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @dbap819, all my materials were checked off by April 13th (I had to wait a while for my midterm report to go through). I got my financial aid notification two days after I was told that I was accepted. I hope this helps.
  • cricketfancricketfan Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    @luckybell - How did you get notified of your FA? Was it in your packet OR was it online?
  • odietamo26odietamo26 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    My decision will be available tomorrow at 10 am. I'm so nervous!
  • sprinklesprinkle Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    keep us updated ! :)
  • Steglitz90Steglitz90 Registered User Posts: 193 Junior Member
    Our contact at the FA office told us that the FA packages go out once a week on Wednesdays.
  • littlepuppy503littlepuppy503 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Haven’t heard back anything... should I take it as rejection now?
  • cocoa801cocoa801 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    I thought GTs are supposed to hear back earlier than regular ones but I was told that my material was incomplete, and then it wasn't shown as complete until 4/20, so now I still haven't heard back anything yet...

Am also wondering, should I call and ask??? Because my current school year is almost over and I really need to figure out my storage and shipment and stuff...

Anyone has a similar case..??
  • sprinklesprinkle Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when the next batch of decisions will be out?
  • jc11211jc11211 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    @sprinkle - Every Tuesday @ 10 am est