Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cornell Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

• SmartJarheadSmartJarhead Registered User Posts: 291 Junior Member
    Hey, mine says the same thing. I called the school and they said many applicant materials haven’t been matched up yet. They said not to worry
  • racheliiiiiiracheliiiiii Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead okkkk thank u :)
  • betterintimebetterintime Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead to clarify, these things are seen through the self-service right...? I'm a little confused because I turned in my application pretty close to the due date but I haven't seen things like transcripts boxes where they're not check or anything of that sort
    @betterintime Hey, I turned in my application like 2 weeks before the deadline and the materials way before that and mine still aren't on there. I called and they said not to worry, and that it takes time to match things up. I'll probably wait one more week and call again.
  • MsRazzleDazzleMsRazzleDazzle Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    @SmartJarhead That's really reassuring. I submitted my materials right before the deadline like @betterintime and my portal hasn't updated. Good to hear that i'm not the only one! :)
  • msportmsport Registered User Posts: 507 Member
    How did you guys send in your midterm reports?
  • MsRazzleDazzleMsRazzleDazzle Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    @msport I had my school mail mine
  • harvardlaw2023harvardlaw2023 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    @msport I went to every individual teacher and got their signature, then scanned and sent to Cornell.
  • msportmsport Registered User Posts: 507 Member
    @harvardlaw2023 did they accept it emailed from you? My school doesn't do an official midterm report so I did the same thing as you - and it's the only thing I haven't sent in yet. Emailed them today to see if it's ok I scan it to them
    @msport hey I’m doing the same thing, having each teacher sign it and then I’m gonna scan it to the schools.
  • cercit20cercit20 Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    Here are my stats:

20 Y/o, Female, Asian/Pacific Islander, Out of state, community college transfer
    Major: Computer Engineering / Computer Science
    Transfer Credits: On a quarter basis... I will have 155+ when I transfer (this is about 108 semester based)
    GPA: Will be 3.81-3.84 when I finish (kinda low but I took a bunch of classes I didn't necessarily need... my last two quarters will be 4.0's)
    Extra curriculars: solid. nothing too outstanding or out of the ordinary. i have some hackathon experience, several hours of volunteer experience, and am heavily involved on campus.
    Essay: strong.. could be a little risky but i had a few people read it and they said it was good
    Professor Recommendation: I have 1 from my math professor
    SAT subject scores: ehh.. I really do poorly under timed exams. I don't see how I am expected to answer 75 physics questions in 60 minutes and do outstandingly lol
    Resume: strong
    HS: really bad. but i made a huge improvement in college and have been taking college level classes for 3 years (since I was 17)
    Midterm report: all A's and 1 A-.

Completed all of the prereqs for Junior admission... honestly though this is a reach for me and think i will be rejected (however still applied)

we'll see lol. good luck to us all
  • JakeChiJakeChi Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    It does, you can submit your mid-term report via
    https://forms.admissions.cornell.edu/webform/admissions/submit.php

I asked every teacher to estimate my current performance and sign the form because my CC does not provide official mid-term grades. I scanned it and submitted online about three weeks ago. The status has been updated yesterday.
  • grahamcracker123grahamcracker123 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    My file has been complete for a couple of weeks, but it just showed "sent to admissions for review" yesterday.
  • grahamcracker123grahamcracker123 Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    edited March 23
    @TexasRosé_ We do have very similar stats! Best of luck! I heard that Cornell is one of the few "elite" schools that don't discriminate against community college applicants, so I'm cautiously optimistic. My one worry is that I was required to take some REALLY stupid, obviously vocational classes in order to graduate :-/
  • aabbccddzaabbccddz Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    Hi! I am applying as a soph. I’m at a cc in Boston but I just moved from California in August. I intend to go pre-vet so I applied as an animal science major.

- College GPA: 4.0 (however only one semester to show)
    - High school GPA: my last three semesters were straight A’s and my last year of high school I took college classes however I messed up early hs so my accumulative wasn’t great (like a 3.7 weighted with one AP)
    - ACT: 30
    - Decent extracurriculars (phi theta kappa and started a non-profit etc) and really good midterm report (which I submitted without them asking for) that was another 4.0 taking 17 credits
    - will have 35+ credits beginning next fall from multiple things (college classes taken in hs, a clep exam, etc)
    - I think my essay was pretty good and showed a lot of passion but considering the applicant pool I am unsure if it is great

I do not think I have a great shot at Cornell, I applied to it as my reach school but I have hope! I also applied to BC, BU, Northeastern and Tufts :) I am unsure whether I was realistic with my schools I applied to lol. I am 18 and white from a upperclass area but a single parent low income household if that is relevant.