Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cornell Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2018 Transfer Thread

• transfer9692transfer9692 Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    @BotanyandMed Hey! Well unfortunately I was rejected yesterday, I posted my stats here https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/21544032#Comment_21544032

I wish you the best!
  • BotanyandMedBotanyandMed Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @transfer9692 Thank you and I sincerely apologize for possibly upsetting you. I was wondering essay wise: how did you tackle it? I'm thinking of transferring the Fall '19 and am trying to organize my thoughts. I'm thinking of being a Bio Major, might do A&S and CoAg/Human Eco for my visits. Thank you so much for your reply and great work o the GPA, you deserve praise! :)

I'm trying to get my GPA at least a 3.5 for competitiveness but yeah ... In your application process, was it difficult?
    @BotanyandMed No worries, I have to accept the fact! For the essay I started by explaining how I developed my interest for my major, after that I spent the rest of the essay talking about specific details about Cornell and Dyson that attracted me to them, and how I would use them for my goals. I highly recommend doing research and really understanding why you want to transfer to Cornell, in other words, don't make it generic. The application process wasn't incredibly difficult, it's just tedious, especially when you apply for financial aid.

Thank you! I've somehow managed to keep up the straight A's all my life haha, good luck with your GPA!
    @transfer9692 Me too, I applied then gotten denied in HS. Thank you so much for responding towards me!
    Did you do the application early once your Fall grades came in? I'm considering on getting it all just done by winter break but do FA early lol?
    @BotanyandMed of course, hope I can help! I actually submitted my app pretty late, on March 12th, so three days before the deadline. I submitted all the materials before, though. Most definitely, try to complete FA asap because they usually ask for extra documents and there may be mistakes to correct. FAFSA opens in October and CSS is open all year long (I think). As for the application, try to work on it through out the fall and just have it ready. If you can it would be great to get it done by winter break. But send your transcript once fall grades come in, so they see more of your official coursework.
    @transfer9692 Thank you for replying to my questions! I hate how they require the CSS profile, I honestly do! I'm actually trying to build my essays and visit the college(s) I want to transfer too. I aspire to be a Cornellian (think The Office, Andy). I'm trying to build up my GPA, redo courses (time and coin depending) and do more community service. I do find it difficult as a non 3.7 -4.0 GPA person to think I could be accepted, sometimes. Reading peoples Stats help me try to reach my goal oddly enough... Thank you so much for responding to my ramblings/questions!

Have you been accepted elsewhere? :) :)
    @BotanyandMed I know!!! The CSS is a pain in the a**. Honestly, one of the most tedious and annoying applications to fill out. That's amazing, I didn't have the opportunity but I think visiting the schools can really help! Don't we all wanna be Andy, my daddy couldn't donate a building though lol!

Great, try to focus on bringing your grades up and definitely try to get some meaningful EC in. I worked full time during my freshman year and didn't have time for an internship or community service, but if you can, definitely do it! If you have any questions (even though I didn't get it), I think I have valuable advice to give. Feel free to message me! (:

And yup! I got into University of Miami and University of Richmond. Waiting on USC and NYU but my deadline to accept Richmond is next Monday, so I'm kinda freaking out and very confused.
    I hope you get into NYU, dear! Lmao, it's a meme stating if you're waitlisted at NYU, you're gonna have a chance at the Ivies or something. Same, my family aren't rich and I'm fortunate enough to get a education (1st gen). The CSS should be free or less money, smh. ;

I will message you, lol.

Congrats on UM and UR! USC/NYU are a privilege to go, you definitely have the stats to go there and get a mad FA. My goals are NYC schools lmao, big reach from where I'm at
    @BotanyandMed Well I got into NYU as a senior in high school, guess that means nothing for transfers :)) Thank you and I'll message you!
    @transfer9692 Jesus, congrats!
  • jc11211jc11211 Registered User Posts: 20 Junior Member
    @lcn2018 no, I was blocked from accessing the page all together.
  • thehoff007thehoff007 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    Did anyone who applied for Dyson have their transeval update or financial aid switch to ordered? Mine didn’t change.
  • Tom1111Tom1111 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    @BotanyandMed Was your whatever GPA from high school or college?
  • lcn2018lcn2018 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @aabbccddz the enrollment deposit is due within 30 days of the date on the admission letter. So it will vary according to each CALS release week. This weeks would be due by June 15, however next weeks accepted students would t be due until June 22 and so on.
  • thehoff007thehoff007 Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    I tried calling Dyson earlier but it was no to avail.