Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Cornell RD Class of 2022 Applicant Thread

Replies to: Cornell RD Class of 2022 Applicant Thread

• kassh4kassh4 Registered User Posts: 983 Member
    oh yea i forgot Ivy day was March 28. That's when Penn is coming out too.
  • IvyDreamfor2022IvyDreamfor2022 Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    It's the 28th. I was deferred from Harvard and the letter said 28.
  • yayaylearneryayaylearner Registered User Posts: 215 Junior Member
    edited January 11
    wait so is it the 28th or 29th? Shouldn't Cornell release decisions on the 28th since Harvard and Yale are both releasing their decisions on that day?
  • TomTanJoseR2022TomTanJoseR2022 Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    Has anyone else had issues with their Cornell application portal?
  • Winky1Winky1 Registered User Posts: 1,211 Senior Member
    edited January 11
    I agree that the document link that @grk258 posted causes some confusion. The document clearly says Cornell decisions will be released on March 29th. Ivy Day is clearly March 28th.
  • grk258grk258 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Well I suppose the calendar must be wrong. The ED date on it was updated once but ultimately accurate however.
  • WashUH0pefulWashUH0peful Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    Just had my interview/CAAAN contact. Hand down the worst interview experience of my life. Not cause of me, but cause of her. After I introduced myself she kinda gave me a blank stare for 30 sec before stuttering her first questions. She was super awkward and I got the feeling she didn’t listen to a word I said. After each of my responses she would have an awkward pause as she articulated her next question. At one point she asked “oh did I ask you that question already.” It wasn’t conversational at all. When I asked her general questions she’d go “um uhhh idk” or a super generic answer. She just seemed so out of it and disconnected with it all. As if she had no interest conducting the interview to begin with.
  • collegecrazy432collegecrazy432 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    how much does legacy help?
  • chrisclassof2022chrisclassof2022 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    @WashUH0peful what were the type of questions that she asked?
  • WashUH0pefulWashUH0peful Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
    @chrisclassof2022 standard questions, nothing unexpected. Tell me about yourself, why cornell, what after cornell...just basic stuff
  • confused6789confused6789 Registered User Posts: 168 Junior Member
    @WashUH0peful how did you get an interview for Cornell? Sorry to hear about that. I have had 3 college interviews and that is the opposite of what it should be :(
  • MaizeScreamMaizeScream Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    i got my interview today... how many questions do you reckon i should have preprepared?
  • 2018hsmom2018hsmom Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    What does it indicate if you are invited to interview? My son received an invitation. Cornell surely does not have enough alums to offer interviews with every applicant.
  • BobSagetsBobSagets Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    i had an interview, but they don't matter much. all the interviewers do afterward is type up a 250 word report about how the interview went and submit it to cornell
  • nhsstudent123nhsstudent123 Registered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    I was just contacted to do an interview and live on Long Island. I applied on January 2.