Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Cornell University Waitlist Class of 2022

Replies to: Cornell University Waitlist Class of 2022

• M_51222M_51222 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    im pretty sure they're going to give out transfer options before their waitlist is closed
  • M_51222M_51222 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    people got them on the 15th if you look at last year's thread
  • intlnavigatorintlnavigator Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    edited May 14
    Guys, so it is possible that there are still fall openings right? I mean, as for as international applicants from my country go, not many columbia/uchicago/berkeley waitlists have heard back either. I don't think we must assume the waitlist is closed. Maybe give it a week or two?

Meanwhile, if anyone has heard back something concrete (not speculation etc.) about CAS fall, please share.
  • KalistyneKalistyne Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    has anyone heard anything from CAS ever since that first wave of emails about there being no fall spots?
  • Winky1Winky1 Registered User Posts: 1,354 Senior Member
    Sorry if my speculating creates anxiety @intlnavigator . My D is not CAS, but is Human Ecology.

I forgot about the Guaranteed Transfers, @M_51222 ! Thanks for the reminder.
  • oldfortoldfort Registered User Posts: 21,927 Senior Member
    I do not believe there will be Fall 2018 CAS WL openings, except for later on if few students were to get off the HYPS WLs in the summer. You can check the other threads. If those higher ranking schools are done then it is unlikely there will be summer melt for Cornell.
    I think they are reviewing CAS WL applications for the Spring 2019 admissions. Spring admissions are only for CAS and CAL right now.
    https://admissions.cornell.edu/first-year-spring-admission
    Admission for international student is need-aware, so if you need a lot of FA then your chance of being admitted is probably not as good as other students who do not need aids.
    Any thoughts on Human Ecology, @oldfort ?
    @Winky1 - if I were a betting person I would say they are probably done (or very close). You know the process, they contact students first and do not give them much time to decide, they just keep on calling/emailing until they fill those slots. If they are so quiet after that wave then it is pretty likely they are done. Of course, this is just my guess. :)
  • lenasharblenasharb Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    Praying for transfer options [-O<
  • 3CollegeMom3CollegeMom Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    My D was offered a GT option last week for ILR, after being WL in March.
  • SentapSentap Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    @Oldfort Yea lets close this board and call it a day. BTW are you on the waitlist or are you a parent of one on the waitlist?
    @sentap, I specifically wanted @oldfort 's opinion. Please don't stir it up. I don't think they have anyone applying this year to Cornell, but they know plenty, imo. Thanks @oldfort.
    Neither. I have been on this board for too long and have seen too much. I am curious to know what CAS adcom is going to come out with in another week.
  • jessicalajessicala Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    A friend at Cornell just told me that guarantee transfer admission is only given to American citizens and only offered to humec, cals, and ilr (contract colleges). Only after they consider internal transfer students and American students will they start to consider international ones.
  • intlnavigatorintlnavigator Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    edited May 15
    Yes @oldfort this quiet week has been surprising since, from what I heard from my seniors at high school, all of them started getting calls for waitlist aggressively after May 1 last year. However, for some peculiar reason, a lot of colleges seem to have gone quiet? (I am on the Duke WL also, and if you see the Duke thread, very few people have heard back from Trinity and none from Pratt. Meanwhile, someone who called up the AO learnt that the waitlist for Duke will be shut at end of May and still in process. One of my friends on the Harvard waitlist got an email just 2 days back saying "we are starting our waitlist discussions. Do you have any updates to give us?"). I ain't speculating anything, but this entire admissions cycle just feels so 'different' and 'off-beat' than all those preceding it.