right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Cornell University Waitlist Class of 2022

Replies to: Cornell University Waitlist Class of 2022

• grundeisgrundeis 300 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 312 Member
    My CAS decision was in the "promotions" tab on gmail...
    · Reply · Share
  • AcceptmeplesAcceptmeples 8 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8 New Member
    How did you login to the CHATTER? I never got a password and I can't figure out how to login :(
    · Reply · Share
  • Winky1Winky1 1376 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,377 Senior Member
    Hi, wanted the Human Ec TO students to know that Cornell will not have any summer orientation or programming for TOs. Said to check your email for more info about TO this summer.
    · Reply · Share
  • lenasharblenasharb 132 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
    Is anyone in engineering still waiting for a decision?
    · Reply · Share
  • mozartovichmozartovich 12 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12 New Member
    I applied to CAS and received a letter in the mail today saying that although there wasn't room for the Fall term, I was recommended to apply for transfer admission as a sophomore. It also describes what most successful transfer applicants typically have (3.5 GPA, no grades below a B, etc). Is this the guaranteed transfer option?
    · Reply · Share
  • Winky1Winky1 1376 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,377 Senior Member
    It should mention it's the TO if it is. My D's email specified, @mozartovich
    · Reply · Share
  • LizzieSamuelsLizzieSamuels 28 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    @mozartovich where are you from?
    · Reply · Share
  • mozartovichmozartovich 12 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12 New Member
  • oldfortoldfort 22723 replies288 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,011 Senior Member
    I think CAS WL is over. In the years I have been on this forum, WL process for Cornell is from first week to 3rd week of May, like so many other schools. mozartovich's letter is a standard letter to let students know they could transfer later. It would be a standard transfer process.
    · Reply · Share
    edited June 2018
    Sorry, I guess my first post was kind of vague now that I'm looking back at it. I never got an e-mail from Cornell but in the letter I received from them, it did have a link to the transfer option website that included information like what courses I should be taking this first year (8 courses in liberal arts and sciences preferably in courses such as writing, foreign languages, other majors, etc) and a waiver for the transfer application when it opens. It provided an e-mail with a transfer coordinator so I'll double check with her. @Winky1
    edited June 2018
    · Reply · Share
    Sounds like a TO now, @mozartovich . Congrats.
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22723 replies288 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,011 Senior Member
    Congrats.
    · Reply · Share
  • AllisSwellAllisSwell 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    @mozartovich I received the same letter! It was dated from June 7th, so I think that’s when all the waitlists were over. I hope we both get in sophomore year!
    · Reply · Share
  • LizzieSamuelsLizzieSamuels 28 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Did anyone reach out about the TO letter? They are not responding.
    · Reply · Share
  • GbemilatidoGbemilatido 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey @macnchz I am Samuel an international from Ghana, West Africa. I got waitlisted by Cornell at the college of agriculture and life sciences. I have some few questions I want to ask you if that is ok?
    · Reply · Share