Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Cornell University Waitlist Class of 2022

Replies to: Cornell University Waitlist Class of 2022

• M_51222M_51222 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    from*
  • woobi720woobi720 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 12
    hope i get off but the chances seem slim
  • cbjs44cbjs44 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Does anyone know if CALS usually accepts people off the waitlist?
  • peonyplantpeonyplant Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    How likely is the chance to get off the waitlist if I applied to Arts and Sciences?
  • Winky1Winky1 Registered User Posts: 1,353 Senior Member
    I looked at the common data set recently, and 2% got off of the waitlist last year. Individual schools were not specified.
  • collegedream101collegedream101 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    Last year the college of engineering didn’t go to the waitlist at all ^
    @collegedream101 , where did you find college specific waitlist info.? We are wondering about Human Ecology.
    @Winky1 check the 2021 waitlist thread
  • grundeisgrundeis Registered User Posts: 259 Junior Member
    Hey guys where can we find contacts of Regional Admission Officers does anyone know? Thanks!!
  • BobBuilder111BobBuilder111 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    I remember accepting my waitlist position, but do they send email confirmations when its done? And if not, how do I confirm that I am on the waitlist?
    @BobBuilder111 I didn’t receive one... I just clarified that I’m on the waitlist when I sent my LOCI
    edited April 19
    Hi Everyone,

This is the email that my D received when she sent her loci to the email address that was specified in the waitlist letter:

Thank you for your email and concern regarding your application to Cornell University. We are currently processing application materials and will send an update to transfer applicants next week.

You will be notified by email if your application is incomplete, and we will provide you an opportunity to send in any required materials to complete your application. Please do not send duplicate materials to our office.

Thank you for your patience as we work to complete applications.

Undergraduate Admissions Office
    Cornell University
    Ithaca, NY 14850
    [email protected] | admissions.cornell.edu

She checked the old portal just to make sure that there was nothing new showing up on the financial aid page. She also had not received a confirmation email after initially going on it.

From what I gathered from last year's waitlist thread, those accepted from the waitlist pretty much knew at the end of the first week of May. Certainly by mid-May. Those that had not heard anything into June discovered that info. had been posted on Cornell's website. (I am thinking of the Engineering website in particular). So remember to check the website for info. because you may not get a direct email. However, you could receive an email saying that their class is full (Arts and Sciences). Some people also got accepted for January instead of the fall. Others were offered a GT.

What I don't like is that my D truly doesn't have closure. She's on 3 waitlists that she is very invested in. And while she's committed to a school in a really great situation, she is embracing that option less these days. Just do your best if you want a waitlist school. Don't beat yourself up. Don't be sad. Just wait it out a bit longer, like my D, and then truly get ready for your committed school. It will all work out. This process just drags it out a bit. And I think WL situations in general are going to become the norm. The new normal.

Perhaps yield is lower across the board because of the crazy shifts and changes that have happened in this cycle. Perhaps a lower yield rate initially will be part of the new normal as well. And then it will become normal for schools to craft 1/3 or 1/4 of their class from the WL by hand picking the students from it.
  • lenasharblenasharb Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    @Winky1 I am confused. Why does your email say "transfer applicants?" Aren't you a first year applicant on the waitlist?
    Yes @lenasharb, my D is a first year applicant on the wl. When I saw her email, I just thought that they put that info. in there for transfer kids who are also using the same email address for their documents. ?? I just checked her email again, and she sent her loci to [email protected] and that is what was on her wl letter. Not sure if there is any other reason for them including transfer info.