Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Cornell Fall 2018 Transfer Results Thread

bambujr8bambujr8 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
I think it would be helpful to people planning on transferring to Cornell in the coming years to know who got accepted this year. Please post your stats when you get your decision.. It shouldn't take very long

Please replace all the [* with [ before posting

[*B][*size=4][*color=#008000]Decision: Accepted[*/color][*/size][*/b]
[*B][*size=4][*color=#FF0000]Decision: Rejected[*/color][*/size][*/b]

Were you a “Guaranteed Transfer” (Transfer Option) student?:
College applied to (ex. CALS, CAS):
Major:

School attended before transferring:
College GPA (out of 4.0):
Courses taken in college:
Any grades below a B?:
High school senior year grades (give GPA or just good/bad):
If you’re a GT/TO, did you meet all of the requirements? (ex. full time student, GPA, and course requirements):

Extracurriculars:
Essays, if any (rate them 1-10, details):
Hooks (URM, first gen):
Any other comments about your application:

Why you think you were accepted/rejected:

General Comments :

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2018 Transfer Results Thread

• grahamcracker123grahamcracker123 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    edited April 17
    Rejected today.

Were you a “Guaranteed Transfer” (Transfer Option) student?: No
    College applied to: ILR
    Major: ILR

School attended before transferring: Terrible community college (barely anyone even transfers to the flagship State U, to put it that way.)
    College GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
    Courses taken in college: honors curriculum; highest grade across all sections in 4 classes
    Any grades below a B?: No
    High school senior year grades (give GPA or just good/bad): Bad -- like 2.5-ish

Extracurriculars: None; I work full-time and fix people's cars for free. Won 2 national scholarships.
    Essays, if any (rate them 1-10, details): 9?
    Hooks (URM, first gen): First Generation College Student. Grew up in bottom 1% of household earners.

Why you think you were accepted/rejected: Two obvious reasons -- my high school record was abysmal (I barely graduated), and my current college made me take horrible vocational-sounding classes (titled "Principles of Retailing," "Customer Service," and "Sales") in order to graduate with a business degree.

Two other possible reasons: 1) Non-traditional student who already has FT job (I know they've taken some returning veterans as well as some older students who are going back to school. However, I currently have a FT industrial engineering job, so I'm not sure if they see that as a good fit). 2) I was super-honest and told them about my past. Was it risky? Probably. But given it involved drugs, I didn't want to be like, blackmailed in 20 years or have someone anonymously email the admissions office should I be accepted and get kicked out. I did stress that I have been sober for nearly a decade now, but maybe it was just too risky for them. I don't know.
  • stressedTMstressedTM Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Decision: Accepted

Were you a “Guaranteed Transfer” (Transfer Option) student?: Yes
    College applied to (ex. CALS, CAS): CALS
    Major: Animal Science

School attended before transferring: University of Hawaii at Manoa
    College GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
    Courses taken in college: Gen Bio I & II, Gen Bio Lab I & II, Gen Chem I & II, Gen Chem Lab I & II, Eng I & II, Animal Science 200 & 201 (introductory courses)
    Any grades below a B?: No
    High school senior year grades (give GPA or just good/bad): Above 4.0
    If you’re a GT/TO, did you meet all of the requirements? (ex. full time student, GPA, and course requirements): Yep!

Extracurriculars: Pre-Vet Club (Events Committee), volunteering at local animal shelter
    Essays, if any (rate them 1-10, details): N/A
    Hooks (URM, first gen): None

Why you think you were accepted/rejected: I was able to meet all of the requirements for the transfer option (GPA, class requirements, credit requirements, etc.). It was definitely hard work, but possible!
  • transferztransferz Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @stressedTM congratulations!!!