Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Student Presents Thesis In Underwear After Professor Questions Choice of Clothing

Replies to: Student Presents Thesis In Underwear After Professor Questions Choice of Clothing

• ChezCurieChezCurie Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    I saw this, and all I could think was, "Boy, this generation really does things differently!" I applaud her willingness to go to any lengths necessary to make her point. Plus, what are clothes, really?
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 7,186 Senior Member
    Well, she's getting her 15 minutes of fame.

Unfortunately, all her future potential employers will have to wonder about her judgement-- not just in terms of her questionable clothing choices, but in terms of her actions. Those 15 minutes of fame will hound her for quite some time.
  • ChezCurieChezCurie Registered User Posts: 175 Junior Member
    @bjkmom, Do you think she was motivated by fame?
  • bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 7,186 Senior Member
    I have no idea. But it said she posted it on Facebook, so she apparently didn't mind the fame.

And her intentions are immaterial. At this point, she's GOT the publicity.
  • oldfortoldfort Registered User Posts: 22,075 Senior Member
    Every time her potential employer googles her they will see her in her underwear giving a presentation. Nice.
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 34,417 Senior Member
    I’m actually kind of impressed.