Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers
[CORNELL] My transfer application was unsuccessful.. Can you give me some feedbacks?
So few days ago, I heard that my transfer application to Cornell was unsuccessful.
Can you guys give me feedbacks?
My application was as below:
My current college = Within top 100 university [English speaking]
High School GPA = 4.5 on a scale of 5
College GPA = 3.95 on a scale of 4. (In my uni, above 70 is sumacum lauda and I got 80)
SAT = Not submitted as they stated that they don't require one. => I checked this fact multiple times.
Nationality = South Korea
Ethnicity = Asian
Fee waiver = Requested
Financial Aid = Requested
1. Local politician internship
2. Participated in a political campaign for the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage
3. Work [paid] with FDA
4. Final stage National Engineers Without Borders [EWB] participant
5. Founder and president of Korean Young Volunteer Society [sponsored by the Korean Society]
6. Research with a professor
7. Field trip with another professor
8. Experiential entrepreneurship program - Regular meetups with startup business experts
9. Critical thinking and Innovation program
1) So can you guys suggest why my application wasn't successful?
2) I heard that Ivy League universities aren't fond of Asian students as they tend to get a lot of scholarships. Could it be one of the reasons?
3) Was applying to the financial aid and the fee waiver not a good idea?
Thank you for your feedback :)