right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Spain? Italy? Hawaii? Where do you want to travel WHILE getting college credit? REGISTER NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Cornell Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

19596979899101»

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• YunbwYunbw 57 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Called in and asked about my admission. I was rejected from the AAP. Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • transferseasontransferseason 3 replies0 threads New Member
    edited June 2019
    @Yunbw Who did you call? I’m thinking about doing the same. Just want to hear at this point
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • zzhuohanzzhuohan 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Congrats to those who make it to Cornell and hope all the best for everyone! I am subletting my room for 2019-2020. The location is very good and is in collegetown. It's a 4b1b suite and I am subletting one of the rooms. Other roommates are all undergraduate girls from China. We are looking for female only. Please contact me if you are interested! FB: Zhuohan Zhu
    · Reply · Share
  • YunbwYunbw 57 replies8 threads Junior Member
    @transferseason I called the admission office for the specific school that you applied and asked when will the decision will be out.
    · Reply · Share
  • transferseasontransferseason 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Still nothing. Anyone else waiting?
    · Reply · Share
  • birdyfrombirdbirdyfrombird 8 replies0 threads New Member
    me, I think I'm going to wait until the end of June
    · Reply · Share
  • Gatetransfer21Gatetransfer21 64 replies6 threads Junior Member
    I just wanted to add this for next year's applicants. Especially those unsure about chances as it's obviously a stressful process.
    Rejected, from liberal arts university in NY, 3.6 gpa, received leadership awards and had great extracurriculars. (I think my extracurriculars were my biggest strength, objectively) I had good reason for transfer and was super active on campus! Lower gpa also due to serious illness which became part of my journey. Overall the transfer process seems holistic and things work out as they're supposed to! Ending up at Vanderbilt :) good luck to all
    · Reply · Share
  • sstranfersstranfer 24 replies8 threads Junior Member
    How is everyone dealing w/ housing?
    · Reply · Share
  • hky14hky14 2 replies0 threads New Member
    For future students...
    Rejected Human Ec,rising junior Non-To
    4 year university
    3.65 cumulative, 3.93 science/major
    Dean's List
    Division I athlete
    Various clubs
    · Reply · Share
  • Sigh8150Sigh8150 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi,

So I applied for Psychology Major in CAS, with a 3.67 GPA. The month ends in 5 days.
    I haven't received anything from them yet, so I'm guessing at this point I'm getting rejected if it's taking this long.
    · Reply · Share
  • sharkbait1245sharkbait1245 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Got accepted to Cornell University at the Hotel School! I find it funny because I was denied from University of Central Florida’s hospitality program, lol!
    · Reply · Share
  • yellowpandayellowpanda 1 replies0 threads New Member
    @sharkbait1245 did you just find out today? I'm also an SHA applicant but I'm still waiting... Really nervous
    · Reply · Share
  • sharkbait1245sharkbait1245 3 replies0 threads New Member
    edited June 2019
    @yellowpanda No, I found out towards the end of May. If you haven't heard anything yet, I would definitely call the admissions office ASAP. We're supposed to start classes late August.
    edited June 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • screenname44screenname44 11 replies0 threads New Member
    ILR is the best school
    · Reply · Share
  • kingpinadriankingpinadrian 12 replies0 threads New Member
    For future students... I was rejected June 16th I believe, as a CALS Communications major from a SUNY community college. I had a 3.55, was apart of the track and field team, student government, and the student athlete leadership council. I also had a work study job as well.

Let me tell you, don't be too hard on yourself if you're rejected. You'll be applying to one of the best schools on the planet. You're competing against the whole world basically. After high school I truly believed that I could get into Cornell. I was a NY state student, I had 5 excellent recommendations from my professors and others. I even had a recommendation from a Cornell professor. My uncle is a coach at Cornell and that didn't even helped either. I made it clear to Cornell that they were my number one choice. At CC my whole year was centered around Cornell, I thought about it every day and night, during class or practice it didn't matter. All the decisions I made were for Cornell and how it would help my application. I did all I could've done with my time at CC. This fall I will be attending Binghamton University. I'm considering on giving another shot at Cornell but for the Applied Economics major, since I'm now an econ major. Very iffy on it since it's much more competitive.

This is not to discourage applicants, I just want to let people know that if you don't get accepted everything will be alright. Good luck to the next applicants.
    · Reply · Share
  • Linna513321Linna513321 10 replies1 threads New Member
    Hey guys,
    I want to transfer to Cornell. But right now, I am quite worried about my SAT scores (its only around 1380 (super scores too)). I have really good EC and uni GPA is 3.8 + (haven't gotten them yet). In high school, my GPA was a 3.9 (I lived Canada and my school doesn't offer a lot of APs). My question is, should I take my SATs again?
    · Reply · Share
  • llwueyllwuey 4 replies0 threads New Member
    edited April 21
    @Shark_bite1245 Congrats! Can u please share your stats? I’m planning to transfer from CUNY to hotel school .Thank you so much !
    edited April 21
    · Reply · Share