right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Cornell Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• YunbwYunbw 57 replies8 threads Junior Member
    @enviscimath11 I spoke with all my professors, most just put my current exam grade into the mid-term report. However, for both of my architecture classes, we still haven't done any grading and my professor said he only can write N/A with an good comment
    · Reply · Share
  • transferszntransferszn 51 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Are you guys seeing a checklist in your portal? I am having trouble finding this page?
    · Reply · Share
  • transferszntransferszn 51 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Disregard above, I found out they aren't shown until mid april :)
    · Reply · Share
  • enviscimath11enviscimath11 61 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @transferszn they said early April
    · Reply · Share
  • lmaozhix123lmaozhix123 2 replies0 threads New Member
    On your engage portal, does anyone else have the "Waitlist Correspondence" option under Upload materials? I know decisions haven't came out yet, wondering if this might mean anything.
    · Reply · Share
  • Mido98Mido98 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I have that too and was wondering. I think it has to do with the rolling basis element of the app. As a departement pre screen viable applications it might be quickly deffered to waitlist. So they make that section available prior for everyone.
    · Reply · Share
  • sstayingpositivesstayingpositive 63 replies1 threads Junior Member
    anyone know when it came out last year?
    · Reply · Share
  • noitpmedernoitpmeder 13 replies0 threads New Member
    Non-traditional student transferring from CC.

School: Community College of Rhode Island
    Major: Liberal Arts ( Looking to major in Sociology)
    Credits: 62
    College GPA: 3.95/4.0
    SAT: I haven’t taken it.

College EC’s: Phi Theta Kappa Member, Peer tutor at The Writing Center
    EC’s: Intern at the Institute of Non-violence for Public Policy and Advocacy and TA for citizenship classes for immigrants.

Recommendations: 9/10

Three professors. Two hold PhD’s from Brown University (one in English and the latter in Psychology) and one from the University of Chicago (Sociology).

Essays: 9.5/10.
    I gave insight on my self-inflicted adversities and gave a brief background on the intergenerational cycle within my family in which I am vowing to break. I emphasized on academics and how education is the only plausible way to overcome my adversities. I also mentioned The Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research, which is exclusive to the College of Human Ecology at Cornell University, and its devotion, through its research, to bringing awareness of the implications that emerge from mass incarceration which is representative of Cornell's commitment to challenging societal injustices. I emphasized on the fact that due to my determination as an individual to perpetuate change through means of advocacy and community assistance, I know that Cornell University's record of risk taking and innovative leadership will allow me to assist in the reform of the criminal justice apparatus and the humanization of formerly incarcerated individuals.

High School Drop-out
    Received GED in 2009 Battery average: 540
    Hooks: First generation college student, father deported for drug trafficking,
    “Unhooks”: convicted felon recently released

Any input is duly appreciated.
    · Reply · Share
  • noitpmedernoitpmeder 13 replies0 threads New Member
    * applying to CAS
    · Reply · Share
  • wafesgdr12wafesgdr12 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anybody have access to Cornell portal? I still have not received mine and I am getting worried.
    · Reply · Share
  • transferrrrrrcctransferrrrrrcc 179 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @wafesgdr12 call! they should’ve sent it in an email a few days after you submitted the application. Unless you’re talking about the application checklist, which I don’t know.
    · Reply · Share
  • JordanBelfort1JordanBelfort1 68 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @wafesgdr12 same! I've sent several emails but have not received a response. pretty frustrating
    · Reply · Share
  • IndirectProofsIndirectProofs 588 replies10 threads Member
    I can access my portal, but not my checklist yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • IndirectProofsIndirectProofs 588 replies10 threads Member
    There is a message saying that in early April, they will explain how to get to the checklist.
    · Reply · Share
  • wanjunhingwanjunhing 45 replies0 threads Junior Member
    when did the decisions come out last year? will it come out anytime soon?
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 2019
    @wanjunhing i think that GT applicants will know mid-late april. everyone else will be early may. i just briefly went through last years transfer thread, so i might be wrong.

edit: early may not late may
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • patrice007patrice007 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    When they notify you do they send an email or a letter?
    · Reply · Share
    @patrice007 i don’t know, but let’s try not to worry for now. Nothing we do will make the decision come earlier or make it different!
    · Reply · Share
  • busybee1234busybee1234 77 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I applied for the GTO for CALS, but originally wasn't intending on doing so. I easily make the GPA requirement, but because I decided that I would not apply originally, I didn't fulfill all the course requirements. I now am extremely interested in transferring, but would I automatically be disqualified from the GTO?
    · Reply · Share
  • sstayingpositivesstayingpositive 63 replies1 threads Junior Member
    can we not use the shorthand lol, i still don't know for all the schools
    · Reply · Share