right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Cornell Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• transferrrrrrcctransferrrrrrcc 179 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    @JordanBelfort1 They should've sent you an email a few days after you applied on how to access your portal
    · Reply · Share
  • transferrrrrrcctransferrrrrrcc 179 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 182 Junior Member
    does anyone have experience with giving supplemental information to them? i did something and would like them to know. should i wait till they email us our application checklist or email admissions right now?
    · Reply · Share
  • victoriaaaaaavictoriaaaaaa 27 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    My daughter has gone back and forth with the transfer idea but I believe she will go through with it if she gets in. The hard part will be leaving her friends (and breaking the news to them). She is doing really well at her current college and has a job lined up for next year on campus, has an apartment, is on a club team...all seems great. However, she feels that Cornell is a better fit for her. She has a TO to CAS but from what I have read it is not 100% guaranteed.

I hope it works out for her-and for everyone on this thread hoping to get in. She is still trying to piece together her mid-term report but everything else has been submitted to admissions. When do the students find out if they are accepted? Do the TOs hear before the regular transfer applicants?
    · Reply · Share
  • TheWapTrapTheWapTrap 94 replies30 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    I just submitted my transcript, the last piece to my application to ILR, wish me luck boys.
    · Reply · Share
  • jessicalajessicala 48 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    I am applying for CAPS major this year, and I have a B in a Comm class (not the major I am transferring to this year) and a A- in a GE class. I know the midterm report is required, but if I don’t submit it, will that cause a problem?
    · Reply · Share
  • SnekfestSnekfest 127 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 127 Junior Member
    @TheWapTrap ayy, all lords of the dark and light praises be upon my dude the Wap Trap as he proceeds into the thiccccornell acceptances may he receive soon. Friends lets get an Amen.
    · Reply · Share
  • enviscimath11enviscimath11 61 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    @victoriaaaaaa I'm also a CALS TO like your daughter. I want to assure you that admissions as a TO is 100% guaranteed if one meets both academic and disciplinary guidelines. I've also been skeptical about it when I first got the offer and just accepted it, but I was told otherwise during the open house on July. As for decisions, they're released on a rolling basis, which means TO candidates will not hear their decisions ahead of regular transfers.
    · Reply · Share
  • enviscimath11enviscimath11 61 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    @jessicala I'm not sure whether you're a TO or a regular transfer applicant. Regardless, your midterm report is one of the most important components of your application in terms of quantitative record because it has your current progress of your classes. If you don't submit that, then Cornell won't be able to review your application. The absolute deadline for that to be submitted is April 15, so be sure to have it in by then or before.
    · Reply · Share
  • victoriaaaaaavictoriaaaaaa 27 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    edited March 27
    @enviscimath11 Is the criteria for CAS different than CALS? I have heard that CALS has a guaranteed transfer option but CAS only has a "transfer option" with no guarantee.
    edited March 27
    · Reply · Share
    @victoriaaaaaa I'm not sure, the TO seems like it's guaranteed across the colleges that offer it (CALS, HumanEc, ILR, Dyson, and CAS). That's what I would assue, but don't quote me on it.
    · Reply · Share
  • YunbwYunbw 57 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 65 Junior Member
    @enviscimath11 I spoke with all my professors, most just put my current exam grade into the mid-term report. However, for both of my architecture classes, we still haven't done any grading and my professor said he only can write N/A with an good comment
    · Reply · Share
  • transferszntransferszn 51 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Are you guys seeing a checklist in your portal? I am having trouble finding this page?
    · Reply · Share
  • transferszntransferszn 51 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Disregard above, I found out they aren't shown until mid april :)
    · Reply · Share
    @transferszn they said early April
    · Reply · Share
  • lmaozhix123lmaozhix123 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    On your engage portal, does anyone else have the "Waitlist Correspondence" option under Upload materials? I know decisions haven't came out yet, wondering if this might mean anything.
    · Reply · Share