Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Cornell ED Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

Replies to: Cornell ED Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

• idkman123idkman123 Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    Hi I’m applying ed to engineering. Not many people apply from my school to Cornell and very few ED. However, from much school this year me and another girl are both applying ed engineering, I was wondering if that will hurt my chances
  • brantlybrantly Registered User Posts: 3,755 Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    pouring over these forums[/quote

poring

Careful on your essays.
  • justahumanjustahuman Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    @brantly, haha thank you, I will definitely spend more time on my essays than on a post on college confidential.
  • clamchowder6clamchowder6 Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    I took the ACT :)) @peoplepeople02 Ru applying too?
  • PeiMyWeiPeiMyWei Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    EDing Dyson. Finger crossed for that. Is anyone applies to ED taking the sat in October?
  • IBatCUIBatCU Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    PeiMyWei I'm applying to dyson and will be taking SAT in oct too. Expecting 1500-1530,what are you expecting
  • ahumanpersonahumanperson Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Should I click the spring admissions option? I am super torn about this. Am I less likely to be admitted in the fall if I click this?? (I am applying ED if it makes a difference)
  • SimplyRedSimplyRed Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @ahumanperson you shouldn’t worry about it so much. It may be just a data point on the application form however could also underline your positive interest. My son applied (and was admitted) ED in the Fall and from memory, had checked that option. All the best!
  • ahumanpersonahumanperson Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    @SimplyRed d thanks! that makes me feel better :) hope your son enjoys cornell!
  • currydaddycurrydaddy Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello all,

I'm a current senior and an international student (although I live in and attend a US high school), and Cornell is a good school for me regarding financial aid and their high percentage of international students. I am planning to apply early decision.

GPA: 92 UW 96 W

ACT: 35

SAT: Math II - 710, Bio M - 740

ECs:

JROTC - Drill Team Commander & Company Commander (leadership positions)

Science Research (Silver medal, gold medal @ County science fair)

JV Tennis

Volunteered at Liberty Science Center

Volunteered at Jersey City Medical Center

My extra curricular activities are a short list, but JROTC alone takes 10+ hours a week during the school year, so hopefully they'll look at quality not quantity. All my extra curricular activities take a lot of time and commitment.

APs: APUSH - 4, AP World - 4, AP Chemistry - 4, AP Physics 1 - 4, AP Biology - 5

Taking AP Calc BC, AP Physics C, AP Lit and AP Lang in the upcoming year.

I'm interested in majoring in Biological Sciences, which means I would apply to either CAS or CALS. My subject tests aren't great, so I might apply to CALS.
  • vermidech6382vermidech6382 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    @currydaddy If you are majoring in biological sciences, CALS and CAS would be equally competitive, since it's the major that lots of premed kids go for
  • agbaniagbani Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I am applying to College of Engineering ED and couldn't find the supplement on my common app. I just want to know if there is still supplement for that college
  • sportychancesportychance Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    I'm applying ED for Human Ecology: Design and Environmental Analysis.
  • SlayMeLoveSlayMeLove Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    You have to select your major before any of the writing supplements appear, you might want to check into that @agbani
  • firsttime123firsttime123 Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    Hi:
    For computer science major, anybody know what is the difference between Engineering and art &Science college. Both have the computer science major, which one is more difficult to be accepted?