right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Cornell ED Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

justahumanbeingjustahumanbeing 6 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7 New Member
Hello, fellow anxious rising seniors. The time has come to start applying ourselves. I'm sure many of us have been pouring over these forums and discussions so I thought I would start a new one for those of us who have decided to apply ED to Cornell University. I hope people will ask questions, discuss stats, and walk through this process together :) it's a stressful time but hopefully, we can figure it all out together!
1234 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Cornell ED Class of 2023 Discussion Thread

• justahumanbeingjustahumanbeing 6 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Okay, I'll start: I am applying to be in CALS. My intended major is Plant Science with a probable minor in fungal biology. I will be meeting with the director of undergraduate studies for my major tomorrow! Anyone else applying to CALS?
    · Reply · Share
  • midwesternmomof4midwesternmomof4 23 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    Daughter is applying ED to CALS, Developmental Sociology. Good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • LiveontheedgeLiveontheedge 37 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    What are ur stats (if u want to share)? @midwesternmomof4 @justahumanbeing
    · Reply · Share
  • clamchowder6clamchowder6 18 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    I'm applying ED to the hotel school. Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • peoplepeople02peoplepeople02 6 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
    @clamchowder8 Is your SAT score around SHA's SAT average (1470)?
    · Reply · Share
  • emmelinefleuremmelinefleur 2 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm applying ED to Dyson (the undergrad business school). The acceptance rate is so low RIP.
    · Reply · Share
  • freshmesh167freshmesh167 264 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 269 Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I was accepted to Cornell Class of '22. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and best of luck on your applications!
    · Reply · Share
  • johnrbert21johnrbert21 15 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    I heard cornell ED is significantly easier than RD, how true is this?
    · Reply · Share
  • LlamatownLlamatown 26 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    @johnrbert21 It is definitely easier, but you can’t only go by the acceptance rate. ED acceptance rate is ~25%, and RD is ~8%. However, recruited athletes inflate the ED rate, and the strength of the applicant pool is generally higher.
    · Reply · Share
  • celtics2008celtics2008 12 replies10 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    I'm applying to Cornell ED most likely Human Ecology or CALS. Very nervous. What are everyone's stats???
    · Reply · Share
  • SlayMeLoveSlayMeLove 74 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I'm not applying ED but I'm super interested in Cornell and applying to the AAP school (specifically for the "P")
    · Reply · Share
  • ErmolkaErmolka 29 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Applying early to arts and sciences. My stats: I'm a UK student, born in Ukraine.

My stats: SAT 1540 essay 6/5/6
    Subject Tests: Math 2:800 Physics: 740
    Grades (UK has a different system) : A*A*A*A for Math, Further Math, Physics and Biology

Extra-curricular: School monitor (officially chosen for qualities, but really for commitment, sports, academia, and everything school-wise and also election); House monitor; Help younger years settling into school, Schools first team for cross country, academic scholarship in my school, done research project in physics (CREST SILVER), got golds in national challenges and main scientific writer for the school magazine, and some others. Do lots in school in subjects, so going to have very good recommendations, also I study in an independent public school.

My indicated major is Math.
    · Reply · Share
  • LlamatownLlamatown 26 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 29 Junior Member
    @Ermolka Your stats and ECs are solid. You have a great shot!
    · Reply · Share
  • GigaVoltFLashGigaVoltFLash 11 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2018
    Hey everyone! I'm from India. I'm applying ED to College Engineering. It's nice to see everyone applying to different colleges(and I don't say that on the basis of competition) :)
    edited August 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • GigaVoltFLashGigaVoltFLash 11 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11 New Member
    *College of Engineering
    · Reply · Share