right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Cornell Waitlist Class of 2023

Replies to: Cornell Waitlist Class of 2023

• returner04returner04 20 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    @hhap1234 I don’t think until after May 1st. I was looking at last year’s waitlist forum and they seemed to hear back starting on May 3rdish through the next couple weeks. It’s going to be a long six weeks 😬
    · Reply · Share
  • coniston1coniston1 58 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    @lilalzi what school
    · Reply · Share
  • rickychen112rickychen112 11 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    @WhatAreCollege Which department of AAP did you apply for? Architecture?
    · Reply · Share
  • WhatAreCollegeWhatAreCollege 11 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I applied for the B.S in Urban and Regional Studies
    · Reply · Share
  • kajojokajojo 3 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3 New Member
    getting waitlisted CALS is not a big deal really.... just means you were underqualified but they'd consider you in case a qualified student rejects their spot. WAITLISTED CALS
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22726 replies288 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,014 Senior Member
    If you want to pursue the WL, I would contact the adcom around mid April with an essay to show continued interest, 1 or 2 recommendation letters (maybe one from your GC), any additional info like awards, latest transcript. If you are able, let them know you would accept an offer off the WL. Give them a call few days after May 1 to see if they would go to the WL.
    WL process is very fast - a phone call to your GC or you to see if you would be interested, often you would only get 1-2 days to make a decision. They would usually go down the list until they fill the class.

If you are WL it doesn't mean you are not qualified because adcom tries to create a community with different students. My kid was WL at Cornell and was offered a spot in May. She had a very successful experience at Cornell, which included high GPA and a dream job.

We were very proactive about getting her off the WL and she was lucky that Cornell took over 100 students off the WL that year.
    · Reply · Share
  • margaretwoodburnmargaretwoodburn 24 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    Waitlisted ILR. Was expecting my 8th rejection haha but now I feel I'm so close it'll be hard to hear a no
    · Reply · Share
  • returner04returner04 20 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
    Thank you @oldfort for the advice and information! It gives us here some hope 😊
    · Reply · Share
  • Timin8272Timin8272 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Waitlisted for COE (engineering)
    Any1 else for engineering?
    · Reply · Share
  • qwxmntklpqwxmntklp 78 replies38 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    @oldfort thank you for this response, definitely some helpful information! may i ask like what context u come from and are getting this info from? are u familiar/involved with cornell? they said in their info to not rlly submit new letters of rec, should this be disregarded?
    · Reply · Share
  • mellananyamellananya 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    waitlisted at CALS
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22726 replies288 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,014 Senior Member
    @qwxmntklp - I googled:
    We encourage you to update your admission and financial aid applications if you choose to remain on
    the wait list. Detailed instructions about applying for financial aid are included on the next page. We
    are particularly interested in receiving new grade reports, information about new honors or awards,
    and updates on your activities. Of course, we would welcome any other information, too. Please send
    updates to [email protected]
    https://admissions.cornell.edu/sites/admissions.cornell.edu/files/2018 About the Waiting List International.pdf
    There are some schools that do not want additional information, but I didn't think it was the case with Cornell.
    I am a parent of 2 Cornell graduates. One got in through WL and the second one via ED. My older one got off both Cornell and Duke's WLs. Her GC worked very hard to get her off by calling. The GC was told that D1's stats were such that they thought she would not matriculate at Cornell. It was why my younger D ED at Cornell.
    · Reply · Share
  • qwxmntklpqwxmntklp 78 replies38 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    thank you for this info @oldfort
    · Reply · Share
  • teddy10143teddy10143 125 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Waitlisted at CALS! There seems to be a lot of us.... does CALS normally take a bunch on the wait list? Does anyone have any stats on specifically CALS waitlists?
    · Reply · Share
  • esperantistesperantist 142 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 167 Junior Member
    Waitlisted at Cornell's College of Engineering
    · Reply · Share