Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Applying to CALS as a transfer without a transfer option?

stringtheoriesstringtheories Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
Hello,

I applied to Cornell as a transfer this year, but decided to change my major afterwards. I will be going to community college this fall, with the intention of pursuing Biology/Neuroscience as my main bachelor's degree, I am also getting a certificate in Web Programming/info sci at my CC. I will be attending a CC in SC, transferring in from a state school honors college, and I know that NY transfers seem to have an advantage, but I have a few questions.

1. Is it impossible to transfer to CALS from OOS? What GPA/ACT should I shoot for? How many credit hours is too much? I have a 32, and around a 3.6 right now, because I blundered in Calc 2.

2. With the transfer requirements, does a B- count as a B? Or will I need to retake the Calc sequence? Does an A in Calc 3 suffice? I also finished the statistics requirement with an A.

3. I've done several programming classes, but Python isn't taught here. Do C/C++/C# courses count towards the requirement?

Thanks!