right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Applying to CALS as a transfer without a transfer option?

stringtheoriesstringtheories 29 replies3 threads Junior Member
Hello,

I applied to Cornell as a transfer this year, but decided to change my major afterwards. I will be going to community college this fall, with the intention of pursuing Biology/Neuroscience as my main bachelor's degree, I am also getting a certificate in Web Programming/info sci at my CC. I will be attending a CC in SC, transferring in from a state school honors college, and I know that NY transfers seem to have an advantage, but I have a few questions.

1. Is it impossible to transfer to CALS from OOS? What GPA/ACT should I shoot for? How many credit hours is too much? I have a 32, and around a 3.6 right now, because I blundered in Calc 2.

2. With the transfer requirements, does a B- count as a B? Or will I need to retake the Calc sequence? Does an A in Calc 3 suffice? I also finished the statistics requirement with an A.

3. I've done several programming classes, but Python isn't taught here. Do C/C++/C# courses count towards the requirement?

Thanks!
0 replies
· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity