right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Cornell class of 2024 Transfer Option

iLikeGoodFoodiLikeGoodFood 17 replies2 threads Junior Member
edited March 27 in Cornell University
I just got my decision letter from Cornell's CALS - and it's a Transfer Option. So just to be clear, after I attend a year at another school, and I meet the requirement's on Cornell's Transfer Option website, am I GUARANTEED a spot at Cornell? Any other insight/info would be appreciated
edited March 27
150 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Cornell class of 2024 Transfer Option

• AustinininAustininin 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Same!!!!!!
    I just got a TO and I don’t know if it’s guaranteed, it just doesn’t say. I’m so confused 😥
    · Reply · Share
  • elenmaryk8elenmaryk8 10 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 26
    I got this transfer option as well, did some research and found out it's not guaranteed but as long as you keep up a 3.0 GPA at another school (that has transferable credits), the spot is yours.
    I found a Reddit link, that talked about the CALS Transfer Option, (can't link, but a quick google search will pop it up)
    edited March 26
    · Reply · Share
  • thatguy152thatguy152 14 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Does anyone know if you can get a guaranteed transfer from the waitlist?
    · Reply · Share
  • FrankLFrankL 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Where can i find if i got a transfer option?
    · Reply · Share
  • chobbichobbi 34 replies1 threads Junior Member
    It says "...decided to extend you a Transfer Option to join Cornell after study at another institution" on your update letter, I believe
    · Reply · Share
  • MichelehackMichelehack 4 replies1 threads New Member
    My daughter just received the TO from ILR. It is a guaranteed spot fall 2021 as long as the requirements are completed, at another college freshman year.
    · Reply · Share
  • aachooaachoo 33 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I got TO too! Don't know if I should do it or not? Are there any stats about the Transfer Option?
    · Reply · Share
    Are there limited seats for TO (if TO applicants applied for a transfer, are all of them guaranteed an acceptance given that they meet the requirements? or does it work like regular decision admissions where even if you're within range of stats, you may not be guaranteed admission?)
    · Reply · Share
  • xxNYTNxxxxNYTNxx 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hi all, also received the TO option for the College of Human Ecology! Trying to do research on it but a bit confused. Would we have to apply again under a simpler application??
    · Reply · Share
    yeah I saw a Reddit (I think???) post saying that the application is simpler. I also received TO from HumEc
    · Reply · Share
    Oh okay, that's nice to hear!
    · Reply · Share
  • iLikeGoodFoodiLikeGoodFood 17 replies2 threads Junior Member
    chobbi wrote: »
    Are there limited seats for TO (if TO applicants applied for a transfer, are all of them guaranteed an acceptance given that they meet the requirements? or does it work like regular decision admissions where even if you're within range of stats, you may not be guaranteed admission?)

bump this is a good qusetion
    · Reply · Share
    thatguy152 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get a guaranteed transfer from the waitlist?

I think I saw on reddit that someone ended up getting the TO in June last year + they were originally on the waitlist :)
    · Reply · Share
  • kumquat1kumquat1 2 replies0 threads New Member
    hey! i got a to & plan to take it. its really rare to get it from waitlist, but it happens!
    · Reply · Share
  • kumquat1kumquat1 2 replies0 threads New Member
    i got a to & am slightly confused - if i keep up and meet the requirements, do i have a guaranteed spot? the cals website makes it seem like its NOT guaranteed, but im not sure!!
    · Reply · Share
  • biancakaplan1biancakaplan1 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I received the same Transfer Option to the ILR. I don't completely understand and would like to talk to other people about it
    · Reply · Share
  • Luckyjade2024Luckyjade2024 643 replies9 threads Member
    Transfer option to CHE..sounds like it's not guaranteed

Not sure I want to live my freshman year at another school, knowing and counting the days I will (maybe) leave.

Also I heard in the past some do get turned down.

I think I'd rather fully immerse myself in a college that wants me there all 4 years.

· Reply · Share
    I was going through the FAQs for CALS TO and it says this: Q: If I don't meet the requirements will my TO be invalid?

"Students that have not completed the Transfer Option requirements may still be considered for transfer admission but will be reviewed with the regular transfer applicants. The Selection Committee will evaluate each application on a case by case basis and take into account that the applicant was offered the Transfer Option."

It seems like "valid" TO means the requirements were fulfilled and you are guaranteed acceptance but it's still unclear lol
    · Reply · Share
    At the bottom of our decision letters, it says we could contact the college should we have any questions. Does anyone think this may pose an issue given coronavirus?
    · Reply · Share
    I think you can contact them over email? I've been in contact with some of my schools over email and they've been getting back to me in a timely matter :-) !!!
    · Reply · Share