Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Swimming test~

14567810»

Replies to: Swimming test~

• Prism123Prism123 Registered User Posts: 737 Member
    cornell's test used to be in the nude too, not really sure why

but yeah the test is super easy, if you can swim at all you'll pass, you just have to make it across you don't even need to swim a proper stroke
  • rftennis09rftennis09 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    yeah i just noticed this thread and it's kinda funny. but will i be fine if i'm a great swimmer, but just don't know all the technical forms and stuff with different strokes?
  • faustarpfaustarp Registered User Posts: 1,532 Senior Member
    you don't need to know anything technical-- that would be a bit unreasonable.
    when I took it this year, you had to go down the pool on your front, back on your back, and then down again however you could.

I found the test quite exhausting, and I was in good shape too. swimming is not my strength.
  • camilo92camilo92 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    have to bring anything to the swim test?
    and I'm guessing they have changerooms right so I should bring an extra set of clothes
  • ImTheHostImTheHost Registered User Posts: 275 Junior Member
    bring ur cornell ID card
  • camilo92camilo92 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    well thanx imthehost, and theres no need to worry about the swim test if you are ok maybe even somewhat poor swimmer. I took it today and I saw guys going super slow and barely moving but they still passed. The test is really about endurance like others have said. If you go out too fast, you'll regret it. Take it easy and it'll be over fast. Plus, they make it easy for you. First lap, it has to be on your chest (any technique). On the way back, they want you to swim on your back (any style). Finally, you can even wade to the finish on the last lap.
  • ZFanaticZFanatic Registered User Posts: 1,591 Senior Member
    ^ Don't go too fast. lol. I hauled much ass when I took mine, and paid for it. I still didn't have a very fast time, heck, it was probably quite slow, but my arms were kinda tired at the end since I haven't worked out my upper body since having shoulder surgery, and well, I'm a pretty big guy, so, getting out of the pool was a challenge.

The guy was like "I don't care how fast you go, just as long as it's front, back, front."
14567810»
This discussion has been closed.