Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Professor or TA?

wafflewaffle Registered User Posts: 590 Member
this is a very subjective question but i'll ask it anyway. if you have the choice of going to a section led by a TA or one led by a professor, where the leader of the section will be grading your papers, which is better? who would most likely be the most lenient and fair grader, or easiest grader? when i say easy i am not saying that i don't want to put in effort, but i am mostly referring to a grader being nitpicky or grading too harshly. is a TA or a professor more likely to be like that? also, the section with the TA would have less people most likely, so that would maybe make for a more fun section with more discussion available for everyone, but then again, in principle it could be better to be able to interact more directly with the professor, but regardless, i really want the grader to be someone who grades without being overly nitpicky or harsh. so which might be better?
This discussion has been closed.