Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance Me FOR ILR TRANSFER! - Transferred TWICE Already....URM...Overcame Adversities

wavebrk088wavebrk088 Registered User Posts: 332 Junior Member
edited February 2008 in Cornell University
Hey my friend wants to apply for transfer soon to ILR....here are his stats:

He attended Rutgers, and now goes to Ramapo (new jersey)

Under-Represented Minority (NOT ASIAN)

His college GPA at Rutgers was a 3.76
At Ramapo it's currently a 4.0

SATs: 680V 650M 670W

ECs: Not a lot, unfortunantly....Bowling Team, Academic Honors Societies, Scholarship at Rutgers.

He wants to go to Law School later. His hook is basically his essays, where he wrote about how he overcame tons of life adversities, like getting robbed and sht. He wants to transfer because he thinks ILR will better prepare him for LAW school....and that he wants to become a prosecutor later....and how ILR is mostly about helping the weak, propsecuting the bigger guys.

evaluate him please!
Post edited by wavebrk088 on

Replies to: Chance Me FOR ILR TRANSFER! - Transferred TWICE Already....URM...Overcame Adversities

• cornell75cornell75 Registered User Posts: 284 Junior Member
    Why did he transfer twice already? I can see that as a possible negative.
  • wavebrk088wavebrk088 Registered User Posts: 332 Junior Member
    well, the third transfer IS cornell...soo....
  • Jay1020Jay1020 Registered User Posts: 465 Member
    Why did he transfer twice already? I can see that as a possible negative.

I don't understand your reply wavebrk088; what does the fact because it's Cornell have to do with it being positive or negative?

His stats are average.
  • cornellpride10cornellpride10 Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    I don't know much about transfer admissions, but I'd say that he at least has a chance. I actually know someone who had already transferred once before coming to Cornell, so it's possible.
  • mmelenmmelen Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I don't think he has a big chance... Ramapo and Rutgers aren't too great of schools (unless your going to Rutgers Med.)

And I feel that from Ramapo to Rutgers is a downgrade... I don't see how he can make a jump from Ramapo to Cornell.
This discussion has been closed.