Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me please!

Caecilius10Caecilius10 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Cornell University
I was wondering if anyone would spare their time to give me chances for admission to Cornell Arts and Sciences. I want to study Economics at Cornell. I am a Caucasian male from the west coast (who attends a boarding school)and Cornell is my first choice school. I'm planning on applying Early Decision in the fall.

Academic Info
GPA: 3.76
Class Rank: School does not rank
ACT: 32
SAT II: I'm going to take these two in the fall: US History and English
Awards/Honors:
>Selected for IB Student Council by my teachers (10 students out of 120 IB students)
>Awarded the Junior year "Scholar of the Year" by my teachers
>Elected as a "Student Senator" for two years

My GPA is low but it has a good trend. It was around a 3.8 freshman year, a 3.6 sophomore year and a 4.0 junior year. As you can tell sophomore was a difficult year for me, it was my first year at boarding school. Junior year I really challenged myself and I took 4 AP/IB classes (my school combines them): AP/IB US History, AP/IB English, IB SL Physics, IB ITGS. In addition I took TOK (Theory of Knowledge) and Chinese 1. I'm taking Chinese 2 over the summer to meet Cornell's language requirement. I know that I can get good recommendations from this year, a lot of my teachers really liked me. My counselor also seems to like me a lot.

Extracurricular Info
>Co-Founder of my school's business club
>Co-President of said business club
>Founder of the Young Republicans Club at my school
>Every summer so far I've spent about 20 hours a week working at my mom's CPA business
>2 years JV Lacrosse
>2 years JV Cross Country
>2 Years Varsity ice hockey (12 years total, unlikely to play competitively in college)
>Captain of my ice hockey team Junior year
>Various awards for hockey regarding leadership, dedication etc...
>300-400 hours total as a junior ice hockey coach
>150 Hours refereeing ice hockey games
>I've worked the past two summers as a councilor at a local hockey camp
>I have created my own one on one ice hockey coaching service with 6 weekly clients
>I worked 12-15 hours a week this school year at my ice hockey association and will continue to do so this summer
Post edited by Caecilius10 on

Replies to: Chance me please!

This discussion has been closed.