Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Double Major in Dance and Business?

2»

Replies to: Double Major in Dance and Business?

• SaratogaParentSaratogaParent Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    Thanks Ohiodancer. Very helpful.
  • ohiodancer5678ohiodancer5678 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Not a problem!! Let me know if you guys have any other questions!! :)
  • dancer6dancer6 Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Hi! Thanks for all the input! I was wondering how hard it would be for me to double major at pace university? It is on my list but the double major would also be a very high priority! And, I also was wondering if the school is a lot of commuters!
  • ohiodancer5678ohiodancer5678 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Hey dancer6! As far as double majoring at Pace goes, with the BFA course requirements, it's pretty much impossible to double major with the BFA program - which is what you're going to find with most universities. With the schedule that the BFA program consists of, I personally wouldn't want to double major because there wouldn't be enough time to get anything done. I would recommend though declaring a minor in whatever subject interests you - which for me, happens to be business. Pace does technically have a lot of "commuters" since some students eventually rent apartments. All of my friends and I still dorm though and they're really nice!! :) Pace just opened up a new dorm residence on Broadway which is pretty exciting!! :)
  • SLparentSLparent Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
    Ohiodancer- my daughter is a junior in high school and is looking at Pace's commercial dance program. Knowing dance is a tough way to make a living, I'm encouraging her to double major in business and dance and still be able to graduate in 4 years. Pace has a great business program with lots of internship opportunities. Based on your timeline, I think you are a senior at this point. Can you tell me more about your job potential? What is your future outlook? Does Pace assist students with job opportunities
2»
This discussion has been closed.