right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Mail-in Reccomendations

jeanperrinjeanperrin 13 replies3 threads New Member
edited November 2013 in Dartmouth College
One of my teachers mails in letters of rec rather than submitting them through the common app/naviance.

Maybe I've developed selective blindness because I can not for the life of me figure out where to address the envelope to to apply to D-mouth. Where should I be sending the letters?

Also, I know that Stanford asks that a specific label be attached to the front of mail-in apps. Does Dartmouth request something similar? Or am I good with just the common app student eval, and actual letter?
edited November 2013
7 replies
Post edited by jeanperrin on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Mail-in Reccomendations

• JimmyAtParadiseJimmyAtParadise 80 replies15 threads Junior Member
    @jeanperrin,
    If you have any questions regarding the application material (recommendations, etc...), you should contact the admissions office directly by email.

(However, I doubt that Dartmouth accepts paper form: You should invite your teacher to fill out the recommendation form online through the Common Application website.)
    · Reply · Share
  • T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    "I doubt that Dartmouth accepts paper form" Uhhh... that's ridiculous. Of course they take mailed-in materials. You imagine that only people with online ability apply? Really?

Where to send the letter? Googlemap "dartmouth admissions office"
    · Reply · Share
  • Momof2back2backMomof2back2back 672 replies4 threads Member
    Jimmy - incorrect. Dartmouth does accept mail-in documentation, especially with the difficulties of the Common App this year. Many recommenders are finding that they are "invited" but when they click on their invite, they are unable to upload.
    · Reply · Share
  • JimmyAtParadiseJimmyAtParadise 80 replies15 threads Junior Member
    @T26E4
    I told that jeanperrin should contact the admissions office and NEVER said "I am SURE they ONLY accept paper form".

"You imagine that only people with online ability apply? Really?" NO, I have no such idea.

@jeanperrin,
    If you have any questions regarding the application material (recommendations, etc...), you should contact the admissions office directly by email.

Best of luck with your application. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    shrug...

jeanperrin: I can absolutely guarantee you that Dartmouth admissions accepts mailed documentation. Obviously they've started moving on the reads so expediency should be your M.O. Don't worry about any labels (Stanford is the oddball). Just get it to them.
    · Reply · Share
  • jeanperrinjeanperrin 13 replies3 threads New Member
    Great. Thank you all for your advice. I will send directly to the admissions office.
    · Reply · Share
  • sybbie719sybbie719 21042 replies2070 threads Super Moderator
    mailing address:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
    6016 McNutt Hall
    Dartmouth College
    Hanover, New Hampshire 03755
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity