right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Dartmouth 2022 Waitlist

kingkendrickkingkendrick 1 replies2 threads New Member
I haven't seen a thread for waitlisted students yet, so here it is. Based off the number admitted off the waitlist last year (0) I don't have much hope of getting off.

Good luck to all!
15 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Dartmouth 2022 Waitlist

• 235Shena235Shena 9 replies0 threads New Member
    You never know! My daughters on the waitlist too. Where will you go if not?
    · Reply · Share
  • pedagogypedagogy 71 replies0 threads Junior Member
    it looks like dartmouth notified everyone that they wouldn't be using the waitlist (lol yikes) on may 4th last year. i wonder if they'll release an update for us soon!
    · Reply · Share
  • kingkendrickkingkendrick 1 replies2 threads New Member
    edited May 2018
    @pedagogy hey, may the fourth be with us
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • doctorodddoctorodd 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Has anyone gotten accepted off the waitlist yet?? I'm really nervous
    · Reply · Share
  • addisonxxxxaddisonxxxx 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I read an article that said that Dartmouth was the only Ivy League to NOT get a record-high number of applicants. However, they posted a record-low acceptance rate. That means that they accepted WAY less students than last year, and will (hopefully) be relying on the waitlist. There's a lot of hope!
    · Reply · Share
  • sybbie719sybbie719 21042 replies2070 threads Super Moderator
    edited May 2018
    @addisonxxxx ,

Dartmouth has offered admission to its most selective class ever, accepting 8.7 percent of the 22,033 students who applied to the Class of 2022. Undergraduate applications rose 10 percent over last year and represent the largest pool in five years.

The acceptance rate is an all-time low for the College and the 1,925 students offered admission represent the lowest number of accepted students since the early 1990s. The acceptance rate for the Class of 2021 was 10.4 percent and the previous record was the 9.8 percent acceptance rate for the Class of 2016.

Last year there were no students accepted from the wait list. Almost half the class, 525 was accepted ED (565 last year) and they will try to keep the class under 1100 students.

Please don't drive yourself nuts over this. All you can do is toss your hat in the ring and let the process play itself out
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by sybbie719 on
    · Reply · Share
  • sciencenerd123sciencenerd123 774 replies48 threads Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm super curious about whether they will use the waitlist this year. I chose to take my name off the waitlist because I didn't want to bother with it and Bowdoin & Dartmouth were pretty much equal on my list anyway, so I didn't see myself changing my mind if D ended up accepting me (esp. after I spent all my money at the Bowdoin bookstore and I don't know if they have a return policy haha). Still curious about Dartmouth's waitlist though lol. Good luck peeps!
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • TotallyChilledTotallyChilled 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Are yays and nays both notified?
    · Reply · Share
  • casualcoyotecasualcoyote 3 replies0 threads New Member
    any news yet? Has anybody heard anything?
    · Reply · Share
  • applicant1313applicant1313 102 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I doubt I'd choose Dartmouth over my enrolled school, but are they done issuing wait-list decisions yet?
    · Reply · Share
  • 235Shena235Shena 9 replies0 threads New Member
    Any news?
    · Reply · Share
  • TotallyChilledTotallyChilled 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Looks like Harvard and Brown have started their admission offer from the waitlist.
    · Reply · Share
  • jflanjflan 37 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Anyone heard anything yet??? Other ivy leagues have started opening waitlist.. does that mean that the waitlist won't be opening for Dartmouth?
    · Reply · Share
  • wtlistnightmarewtlistnightmare 6 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 2018
    I called Dartmouth today and was told they are most likely not using the waitlist this year but it hasn’t been officially confirmed. I asked for a time frame and was told they don’t have one at this time. Good luck to all with your decisions!
    edited May 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • AmeliaProbstAmeliaProbst 6 replies0 threads New Member
    I just received an email stating that Dartmouth will not take from the waitlist this year.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity