right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Dartmouth 2024 Applicants Discussion

BoodaBear02BoodaBear02 1 replies1 threads New Member
edited June 23 in Dartmouth College
Hello! This thread is for people planning to apply to Dartmouth for the class of 2024. I know it's early, but I think it will be great for current juniors to connect and ask any Dartmouth-related questions. Is anyone thinking about applying ED? Did anyone apply to Dartmouth Bound? Good luck to everyone!
edited June 23
376 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Dartmouth 2024 Applicants Discussion

• theguy429theguy429 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied to Dartmouth Bound. I’m so anxious about hearing back from them. They say that the results will be released mid-May but I check the portal everyday.
    · Reply · Share
  • NicetryNicetry 28 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Do you think this year's over-enrollment and high yield will force Dartmouth to admit less applicants this upcoming admissions cycle?
    · Reply · Share
  • 2020chica2020chica 17 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I applied too and can't stop checking! Does anyone know when decisions are coming out? They said early June, but I saw that they came out on the first last year and want to know when they come out this year before I go crazy haha.
    · Reply · Share
    I applied too and can't stop checking! Does anyone know when decisions are coming out? They said early June, but I saw that they came out on the first last year and want to know when they come out this year before I go crazy haha.
    · Reply · Share
  • sugarbearbenchsugarbearbench 40 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I'm thinking about applying to Dartmouth for theatre, but I've known for a little while that I want to ED Northwestern because their theatre program is AMAZING. Now looking at the applications, I think I have a better chance at Dartmouth because they accept portfolios. But Northwestern has always been my dream. I'm torn! (And I also applied to Dartmouth Bound, hopefully will hear back soon)
    · Reply · Share
  • theguy429theguy429 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Dartmouth Bound has released decisions! I got in! Anyone else going?
    · Reply · Share
    LOL rejected!! Love that, still probably going to apply though
    · Reply · Share
    Also rejected but got a fee waiver for the actual application bc of the “strength” of my app. 😬 hahaha the thing is I didn’t initially plan on applying but my guidance counselor recommended it. I don’t think I’m going to visit so idk if I’ll actually end up applying.
    · Reply · Share
    yeah I got that too, but there are tons of people on here that have been rejected from bound but got into dartmouth so don't lose hope!! plus those ivy app fees are expensive so I'm definitely taking the fee waiver LOL
    · Reply · Share
    Haha true! I’m not losing hope, but I just meant that this was what I was planning on using to determine my interest, so I don’t know how I feel about applying yet. Also, congrats to everyone who got in and I hope you enjoy yourselves!
    · Reply · Share
  • silentsubscribersilentsubscriber 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I got in surprisingly! I thought my essay was complete trash but I guess Dartmouth liked it lol
    · Reply · Share
  • arcanine384arcanine384 23 replies27 threads Junior Member
    I was accepted too
    · Reply · Share
  • meganhoang2meganhoang2 4 replies3 threads New Member
    I was accepted to dartmouth bound and attended a few weeks ago! I am applying to Dartmouth ED now haha! I absolutely fell in love with the school.
    · Reply · Share
  • boogy2020boogy2020 82 replies2 threads Junior Member
    So the early decision deadline has passed. Does anyone know when the results will be out?
    · Reply · Share
  • XtCPirXtCPir 9 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi! I wonder if any of you who applied ED have received an interview invitation? I begin panicking after two weeks of no response while my classmates who applied to Princeton and Stanford have finished their interviews.
    · Reply · Share
  • AnxiousteenagerAnxiousteenager 10 replies2 threads New Member
    @boogy2020 Application results come out the 2nd week in December, I think they are coming out December 12th
    · Reply · Share
  • AnxiousteenagerAnxiousteenager 10 replies2 threads New Member
    @XtCPir Don’t worry, the interviews are actually set up through the alum network so an actually Dartmouth alum from your area should email you soon. I had my interview 2 days ago so it’s not late yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • SlowLorisesSlowLorises 41 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @XtCPir My daughter was an "alumni" interviewer last year when she was a Dartmouth senior. She did not conduct her two early decision interviews until Thanksgiving week, when she came home after fall semester. Then, in the spring, she was assigned a regular decision candidate, but was too busy, so declined the interview. So as noted above, scheduling can just take time depending on available alumni.
    · Reply · Share
  • runfaster2002runfaster2002 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Applied ED. Had my interview last week (11/9)
    · Reply · Share
  • excovererexcoverer 661 replies31 threads Member
    I will be applying RD, but I wanted to wish everyone applying ED the best of luck! I hope you all receive some fantastic news this December.

Have a nice day.
    · Reply · Share