right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.

Is Dartmouth a good fit for me?

orioles99orioles99 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi all, I am an upcoming senior and really love the idea of being in a small town and in New England. I love to ski and love to do water activities like canoeing and kayaking, so the DOC sounds very cool. I wouldn't consider myself super outdoorsy but I do like to participate in activities outside. I love all the traditions Dartmouth has and I just love the idea of the small community and the setting. I want to join a frat and I love going out/partying, I'm pretty athletic but will not be playing on a varsity team(maybe club), and I am politically moderate(somewhat conservative), and a white straight Christian male. I want to go into something business but not sure what yet, and I know Dartmouth is great for the finance industry. It would be a reach for me, but does it sound like a good fit for me socially? Would most people who are athletic be recruited athletes? Thanks
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is Dartmouth a good fit for me?

• tchit87tchit87 144 replies21 threads Junior Member
    Honestly, from what I have researched about Dartmouth, you seem like a perfect fit. I am almost the opposite of you, I don't ever want to join or frat or go to parties, Indian male, I don't like outdoor activities or athletics, and I don't care about tradition. I do care about diversity and campus though. Dartmouth has about 60% or more of its students in a frat or sorority, meaning its party life is probably pretty lit. They actually randomly put you in a House now as a freshman for some reason. There's a river next to Dartmouth, so you might be able to do water activities there. And I have also heard that Dartmouth is known for getting people into finance and business..... which is why I am really considering it because I want to go into finance. I think Dartmouth would be a good fit, but it still has ivy league academic rigor (I think) with the community for partying. However, diversity and hardworking students is still high at a place like Dartmouth. The three people in my school who are going to Dartmouth next year are very down-to-earth, hardworking people (all asian too).
    · Reply · Share