right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Chance me for Dartmouth ED

pakirejeccpakirejecc 0 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
Chance-Me to these schools: Dartmouth (ED), Williams, Pomona, Middlebury, Brown

Intended Major: Economics

Is high school competitive or a feeder school: Competitive in my area but I wouldn't consider it a feeder school

Demographics

Race: Pakistani

First Gen or URM (Y/N): N

Income (optional): 80k

Stats

GPA (UW/W): 3.85/4.47

Ranking and Course Rigor: Top 10% and most rigourous course load but only took 2 APs junior year because of school requirements and will take 4 senior year. Self studied 1.

SAT/ACT w/ Section Scores: 1520(770M/750ERW)

SAT Subjects: US History(800) Math 2(780)

AP/IB Scores: All 5s so far.

Extracurriculars w/ very brief description

1.) Garbage to Garden Project (Founder and President) - I started a waste management chapter in our school. We used food composter machines to re-purpose waste food into fertilizer. Made a large garden with all types of plants in front of our school using fertilizer. Started this in multiple schools that are affiliated with my school.

2.) MUN (VP) - Attended around 5 different conferences and organized 1. The conference I organized was regional and around 8 schools around the Middle East attended.

3.) Instagram page on Formula 1 with ~5k followers, only been doing this for a month so my page will definitely grow a lot more. Do a lot of Formula 1 analysis news type stuff. Made money with ads and also implemented a partnership system to help smaller accounts get traction. Is this worth including?

4.) Charter for Compassion(Founder and President) - Follow the charter for compassion that a TED speaker founded. We hold presentations in all grade level on various topics from cyber bullying to waste management.

5.) Crypto investing - Started with 100$ and recently hit the 1000$ mark. I also have a few miners running.

6.) Student Council (President) - Raised over 10k through fundraisers and donated them to local charities. Also managed a small snack bar in our school that I started.

7.) Community service trip to Jordan in which we did a project with kids who are Syrian refugees. Also volunteered at a refugee camp.

8.) Coding - made a few Minecraft mods that have gotten thousands of downloads.

9.)

10.)

Also is it necessary to have 10 activities? I have some more but I don't think they are impressive enough to include them in my app.

Awards/Honors w/ level of recognition (Regional, State, National, International)

My ECs and everything are great but awards are where I am lacking, please give me feedback on this

1.) High Honor Roll

2.) Won a movie competition in our school with ~30 submissions

3.) NHS

4.)

5.)

Subjective

Essays (out of 10) and additional info about them: idk didn't apply yet

Letters of Recommendation (out of 10) and additional info about them: didn't apply yet but I'm pretty close to my teachers

Anything else to know about you: International and need a small amount of financial aid
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me for Dartmouth ED

• zbrown01zbrown01 107 replies10 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    As an ivy admit, I can assure you that awards (I only had 2 and they were incredibly generic) and a full list of extracurricular activities (I had 7) will not be necessary. What matters most is that the activities you put are those that you are passionate about and/or have had successes in. You may, perhaps, wish to elaborate on your extracurricular activities in your common app essay or supplement essays (which I also did). With that in mind, your essays need to be solid for those schools. You're in the ballpark for SATs and GPA (GPA might be a tad under par but I doubt it will matter much).

Early Decision gives you a boost at Dartmouth, but it's still a reach as it is for any applicant. Do your research. Know what they look for. Craft your supplement answers well. Same goes with your other schools.

Best of luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 28777 replies56 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    International with need makes you an even more difficult admit. Chances virtually none
    · Reply · Share