Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Deep Springs '14

Replies to: Deep Springs '14

• thefezthefez Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm international, so the round 2 package might not get here soon. I wish I could come for the interview!
  • Butters1Butters1 Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    It's funny how there's only like 45 people total so I can probable guess who you are.
    I wish DSC were on common app so I can just forward those recommendations. I dont know how I'll be able to postmark those by 1/6
    :p I know, I'm probably from Macedonia. Or Hong Kong. Or Scotland. Or Indonesia. Or South Africa. Not telling!

I will need to use translation services, so I need to get all recommendations done before Christmas. This is going to be fun.
  • HYPSdreamerHYPSdreamer Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    Not going to the interview. Can't afford it. The limits they place for the incomes are...reasonable, but being slightly above those incomes doesn't help. So bummed.
    HYPSdreamer : Maybe you could contact them and ask for a waiver even though you're slightly above the income limit? I mean I feel like if I were in your position I would do that because not coming would've been too much of a bummer.
  • god0694god0694 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    excited for the second round! also international.
  • HYPSdreamerHYPSdreamer Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    My parents are letting me visit! Yay! :) hope to see some of you guys.
    god0694 : Are you coming to the desert for the interview?
    And HYPSdreamer, that's great!!! :D
  • jeffrey93jeffrey93 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I was rejected from Deep Springs. I'll give $3000 to anyone who lets me go in their stead (yes, posing as you). I'm incredibly determined and I'm not letting a rejection letter stop me.
  • god0694god0694 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    sorry @thefez, i don't get any notifications (that's normal, i assume) and i haven't checked this thread in a few days. YES I AM! i hope they will give me my preferred slot, because i need to make a lot of arrangements to travel. but i'm so excited!!!!!! and yay for HYPSdreamer!

@jeffrey93 i have no words for you... i can sympathize with your dedication but hardly with that plan.
  • jeffrey93jeffrey93 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    You're right. I apologize for my irrational behavior. I've been too busy feeling bad for myself. It's time that I move on. Let me be a reminder of how lucky you guys really are.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! How's everyone coming along with the essays?
    Have a wonderful day!
  • kp2241kp2241 Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    I want to apply so badly in a couple of years.

Anyone wanna post stats.
    Stats :
    Butterfree L. 57
    HP 138
    Attack 67
    Defense 63
    Sp. Attack 97
    Sp. Defense 88
    Speed 89 :awesome:
  • kp2241kp2241 Registered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    Wow man!!!! That's awesome. Speed 89... mine's only 84. :(