Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I wrote all of the application essays for last year- what to do?

cbonnecbonne Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
Hey all, I thought it would be a great idea to get an early start on my Deep Springs application. Clearly I did not read the fine print well enough, because I responded to the essay prompts from last year over the summer. The drafts are pretty solid at this point and I have been waiting for the online application to open so I could submit asap. I checked the website tonight to find the online application open... and as I scrolled through it I realized something was off. The prompts did not fit the essays I had written!

I am over the initial shock, but I am wondering what I should do next. I don't know if emailing the admissions committee would be a good choice, because I am worried that it will make me look somewhat dense. That said, I am hesitant about starting three new essays this late in the game. I will do it, but I would value some opinions first- should I go ahead and explain my situation to the committee, or should I just suck it up?
This discussion has been closed.