Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Deep Springs General

Replies to: Deep Springs General

• kucaposokucaposo Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    In 2007 some people got their offer on the 15th of march.
    In 2006 it was the first week of march, and rejections a week later.
    In 2005 it was late February (23~)
    Are they just getting lazier? Or probably taking more time makes for better decisions.
  • LigerManLigerMan Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    "We expect that a final decision on the class of 2017 and wait list will be mailed out by the end of March."

That's vague-- the lucky ones may receive their decisions early April, or it could be within the week. I remember hearing that last year they were either sent out or people received them on the last day of March.

My guess is that rejection letters will be sent out later. So if anyone gets in or waitlisted, let us know!
  • conantheagrarianconantheagrarian Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm super nervous. I'll probably message the dude I met there asking about it.
  • applicant42601applicant42601 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @conantheagrarian let us know if you hear anything
  • IdiotStarIdiotStar Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    How many of you actually visited the Ranch for an interview?
    What was your experience?
    I'm asking since I couldn't
  • IdiotStarIdiotStar Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, I'm nervous as hell. My stats are pretty low so I think I might not make the cut, moreover I did not attend the college for an interview but had instead had it via skype, which I guess I botched it up. (First interview of my life lel, compounded with the broadband of a third world country)

Anyways I'd be interesting if those of you who also got into the second round share stuff about yourselves like your hobbies and interests.
    edited March 2017
    I think only about five did a skype interview. When I went there it was completely covered in snow and I had three layers on to go to sleep. My interview only lasted about 45mins. It didn't really feel like an interview since I had discussed almost everything during the previous three days. You missed out on meeting Bob the cat. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much.

What country? I'm curious since I'm not an american applicant either. Pm me if you want to.
  • JosefJaalaJosefJaala Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anyone else heard anything, official or unofficial? Where we live might affect when each of us hears back...
  • cowsandcalvescowsandcalves Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the place, it feels surreal. And that's the only place I want to go.

I wish there is only 28 days in March.
  • cowsandcalvescowsandcalves Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Vincent Van Gogh was born on March 30th, 1853. I remember seeing copies of his work in the dorm.
  • thatoneguyyoumetthatoneguyyoumet Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    My dog turned 15 today
  • LigerManLigerMan Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Any word? Are they waiting till the very last day of the month...
    Just got rejected
  • conantheagrarianconantheagrarian Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Just got rejected too. My birthday. Radical.
  • parsocparsoc Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Son waitlisted. Fair outcome in my opinion. Had excellent visit, but from his side (and from what you can tell from spending four days there) the match between him and the school and student body wasn't as perfect as he thought it would be. School probably felt the same way about him.
This discussion has been closed.