Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
2»

Replies to: decision!

• andrewm779andrewm779 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    i got wait listed so if any of you arent going let them know please.
  • weenieweenie Registered User Posts: 5,793 Senior Member
    andrewm:

I hope you get in! I know it's so hard to see all these acceptances on here and then get waitlisted. That happened with my son on one of his schools last year. There are certainly lots of kids who didn't get in but of course they tend to not post.

Did you consider calling them and telling them you really want to go?

What other schools are you considering?
  • kmhkmh Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    S got in with a $11,000 alumni award!!! They said they are mailing the Financial Aid info out on March 31st. Are they geneorous with their Grant money if they already gave you a scholarship??? My son got into Wooster also and they gave him a great package. I am hoping so as he would prfer to go to Denison. CONGRATS to all !!!!!
    Congratulations kmh! If you have any questions that you think I might be able to answer just PM me. Good luck to you son with his decision time!
  • andrewm779andrewm779 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Im in at the University of Delaware. If I found out I was in at Denison, it would be equally desireable for me to go there. Denison and UD would my top 2. However, I can't keep waiting for Denison to make a descision past the end of April because I need to send my deposit to UD. If they wait too long to send a positive descision I will have very little time to consider the two options...
  • kmhkmh Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    Yeah waitlising stinks cuz the only way you are safe it to send a deposit to the school you were accepted in and wait it out! You loose your deposit if the waitlisted school accepts you and you decide to go there. You are not obligated to either one. We are in the same boat. May be out $300 but whatcha gonna do??
    andrewm: Call Denison! Ask to speak to the admissions person for your region.

You probably already know this, U Del is a GREAT school. Kids love it there! My first son goes to Denison, but my second will definitely apply to U Del (for engineering). We have a good friend there and he loves it.

Good luck to you!
  • moostermistermoostermister Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    i still havent got mine, but i know im not going.
2»
This discussion has been closed.