Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
saketmsaketm Registered User Posts: 401 Member
edited April 2006 in Denison University
anyone in yet. im a international student and im in.
Post edited by saketm on

Replies to: decision!

• weenieweenie Registered User Posts: 5,793 Senior Member
    Congratulations saketm!!!

We had an enjoyable visit at the Bed and Breakfast we stay at in Granville with a mom and dad from India (I can't remember where!) who had just dropped their son off at Denison last August.

They had never even visited Denison, but were feeling really good about everything. They thought their son had been so warmly welcomed, and they thought the campus was so pretty. They were so nice and I just could not imagine how it would feel to have my kid THAT far from home!

Good luck with your college decisions.
  • saketmsaketm Registered User Posts: 401 Member
    thanks a lot. yea these days a lot of kids are doing college in america though. do you have a son/daughter in denison too?
    My son is a freshman there and we live about 7 hours by car away.

I wrote a review on here the other day about Denison because so many people have private messaged me asking about the school.

Take care.
  • rixrix Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    D just received an email from the admissions office encouraging her to give Denison serious considering, inviting her to get a "Denison e-pal" and congratulating her on her admission. Great news! However, we have not yet received anything in the mail. Maybe it's waiting at home (I'm still at work). Anyone else?
    Packet was in the mailbox -- admitted with $11,000 Alumni Award, which is a wonderful surprise!
  • saketmsaketm Registered User Posts: 401 Member
    i got that. its half tuition. plus i got book store credit and a small grant. my need is covered. yayy!!
  • kvtekvte Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    i got my packet on monday--admitted with the alumni scholarship.
    Congratulations rix and kvte!!!!
  • FresnoMomFresnoMom Registered User Posts: 1,044 Senior Member
    Congratulations, guys!

Son is in and received the Mary Carr Scholarship!

Rix, your daughter must be so happy! Did she get invited to the California "welcome" function? My son will probably be there. Anaheim is about a 3 - 4 hour drive for us.

http://www.denison.edu/admissions/angelsinvite.html

They sure know how to make the kids feel special!
  • iamnotabronteiamnotabronte Registered User Posts: 387 Member
    congrats to your S, fresnomom!

i received the mary carr scholarship as well!:)
  • flatlanderflatlander Registered User Posts: 258 Junior Member
    Congratulations to all!
    Congratulations iamnotabronte! I remember you put so much work into your college apps -- good for you!
    Hey everybody -- post your scholarships over on the Parent Forum. Look at the very top of the listings, it's called "Master List of Merit Awards." Denison deserves the recognition for these generous awards! Thanks.
    Fresnomom: My D was pretty happy with the admission and the scholarship. She was speechless... for about 20 seconds.

I don't think she received the baseball game invite. We are in Oakland, so aside from our feelings about the Angels, I think it's too far to go for a short event.
  • FresnoMomFresnoMom Registered User Posts: 1,044 Senior Member
    iamnotabronte

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

You must be so pleased!!!
This discussion has been closed.