Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

email from admissions

cn173cn173 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
edited March 2008 in Denison University
did anyone else get a very personal email from admissions saying how glad they were you applied? is this a good sign or standard procedure...
Post edited by cn173 on

Replies to: email from admissions

• SS1955SS1955 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    My son got this sort of email over a month ago, saying his file was complete and going to the committee, but we haven't heard anything since.
  • Whistle PigWhistle Pig - Posts: 4,093 Senior Member
    A nice personal touch and admissions strategy ...
  • EsquetteEsquette Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    My son also got one of these emails after he applied ED in November.

We have had an A+ experience with DU admissions, from our first visit in junior year, to return visit senior year, to application, and since S joined the Class of 2012 in December. One of the nicest advantages about small liberal arts colleges like DU is this personal touch. We hear from DU students/parents/alums that this level of personal connection continues during undergrad years and beyond.

After two undergrad degrees and three law degrees from larger universities, my husband and I especially appreciate the different experiences of our sons when S#2 visited/applied to Denison and as S#1 visited/applied/attends another LAC. Something to think about when choosing.
  • Whistle PigWhistle Pig - Posts: 4,093 Senior Member
    Yes, it's too often like night and day with DU, LAC's vs.the mega U's. DU is superb in its communicating, we've experienced.
  • cn173cn173 Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    so so far everyone who got one of these emails has been accepted
This discussion has been closed.