Hey, I currently go to the University of Central Florida and have realized that it's just not for me. I need a bigger city and Chicago would provide just that! I have yet to visit, so that's a number one priority, but I'll get that out of the way in the next year if not sooner.
Right now I'm only a freshman who just completed his first semester ( with a 4.0 GPA, 15 Credits ). I'm not in the honors program nor am I in any other "elite: programs. For now, I'm strictly sticking to classes and keeping my GPA hovering near 4.0. I don't plan on transferring until after my sophomore year at UCF, so hopefully at the end of my 2nd year my GPA will be around a 3.8-4.0 with well over the required 30 credit hours for transferring.
I'm still not sure about my major, but what I am sure about is that I won't be applying to the college of music or college of commerce.
I have a few questions:
- How competitive is it for transfer students? Is it an impossibility for me to get in even if I maintain strong grades?
- Why should I choose DePaul over the University of Illinois-Chicago?
- How expensive is out of state tuition? My father died a year ago and my mom only makes $20,000 a year so I'm assuming I'll be getting a decent amount of financial aid, right? I also have a college fund that would most likely provide around $10,000 a year at DePaul. Would I need more than that? How much cheaper is University of Illinois-Chicago?
- What is housing like? Would I easily be able to get a small apartment for a reasonable cost?
and last but not least, to those who go there:
- Do you love it? Do you like it? Do you hate it?
Sorry for all of the questions, I just felt like letting everything out. Thanks in advance!