Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

scholarships?

BBVienna@aol.com[email protected] Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
edited March 2007 in Dickinson College
Anybody who has been accepted been awarded any scholarships with their acceptance, do they come later? Any insight?
Post edited by [email protected] on

Replies to: scholarships?

• momogemmomogem Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    My D had received a letter from Dickinson previously identifying her as a good candidate for a merit award. There was subsequently certainly no deterioration in her stats. However, when her EA acceptance came, there was no mention of any merit award and only a small Stafford Loan (the latter was not a surprise, I did not expect us to receive much for need). I've since read that Dickinson, like Hamilton, has cut back on merit awards to allocate more funds into need-based aid. Her other acceptances have notified her of merit awards in or with the acceptance letter, so I'm not expecting anything more from Dickinson.
  • franglishfranglish Registered User Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    D was awarded a nice scholarship for academic merit. Then she got need-based grant and some loan and work-study as well. Altogether it's a very nice package.
  • franglishfranglish Registered User Posts: 2,308 Senior Member
    Forgot to mention-- the aid award came with the acceptance letter last week.
  • miritymirity Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    I got a Founder's Scholarship, and they told me embedded in my RD acceptance. I didn't really get any notification whatsoever beforehand...these things seem to be pretty random.
This discussion has been closed.