Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me up

nmd82890nmd82890 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
I'm an first generation African-American Male.
I haven't worked to my potential in school, yielding my 3.0 gpa. I've taken the SAT I's once, 610-CR 580-M 600-Writing. I got a 600 on the US history SATII, and I've taken 6 AP Courses. ON top of that alot of honors courses, giving me a tough schedule. My school is ranked number 1 by Newsweek as the best public school in Connecticut(does that mean much?).What are my chances at Lehigh with great reccs/essays?

Education
Conard High School-Class of 2008
West Hartford and New Britain Public School Systems
School Activities/Awards
Freshman Class Board
-Vice President
Sophomore Class Board
-President
Junior Class Board
Student Council President (12th grade) and Representative (10th grade)
-Organized a thorough campaign in late May 2007 consisting of personally made shirts, posters, and announcements.
-Arranged meetings with the executive board weekly
-Represent the Council in Drug and Alcohol Regulations for Student active in Athletics, Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Activities in conjunction with the Human Resources Office for West Hartford.
-Speak at Faculty Meetings
American Legion Boys’ State Delegate
-American Legion Boys State is among the most respected and selective educational programs of government instruction for high school students. It is a participatory program where each participant becomes a part of the operation of his local, county and state government.
-American Legion Posts in the State of Connecticut select the individuals that they want to represent and who follow the qualifications.
-Selected as a Boys’ State Legislative Leader (Speaker of the house).
Concert Band (9th grade) and Wind Ensemble (10th, 11th, 12th)
-First Chair Trumpet all four years in each of the bands
Pep Band(9th-12th grade)
AAU/Town League Basketball (6th-12th grade)

Community Activities
Community of Concern Leadership Forums
-Participated in two forums consisting of a total 12 student leaders chosen from Conard and Hall High School. Issues such as teen alcoholism and drug use were tackled and possible answers were proposed
Community Service Completed at Local Public Library
This discussion has been closed.