Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
PieSky2013PieSky2013 Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
edited October 2008 in Dickinson College
White male
Arkansas
EFC: 0
GPA- 3.42
ACT- 32
No AP's or SAT Subject Tests
Graduated with a class of 13.
Taking time off between HS and college. Working on some research and traveling.

Very good rec(s). Done by Science teacher/Quiz Bowl coach/Assistant baseball coach and my Math teacher.

Essays: I am hoping they will be received well. Writing is my strong point and, hopefully, it will shine through in my essays.

Academic Honors

Quiz Bowl (All-State 9,11,12), (Captain 9,10,11,12)

EAST Ambassador to the National Convention (10,11)

Extracurriculars

Community Service: Volunteered over 700 hours at a local Jr. High. as a graduate assistant coach.

Quiz Bowl:10 hrs/40 weeks. As noted above, recognized at the state level. Was also captain all four years.

Varsity Baseball: Not measurable due to American Legion/gaudy amount of practice. All-Region (11,12), All-Conference (9,10,11,12), Captain (11,12)

Misc. Information
About to have some poetry published. Also, working on some research regarding baseball statistics. While I could possibly be a recruited athlete, I do not wish to play baseball in college so please do not take that into factor.
Post edited by PieSky2013 on

Replies to: Chances?

• intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 35,302 Senior Member
    I would expect that you would get in. Your GPA is comparable to my D's, and your ACT is higher. You add some geographical diversity, too, I suspect.
This discussion has been closed.