Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Financial Aid Help!

kbutter1234kbutter1234 Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
So I made a housing change on the fafsa for cal state long beach and I decided to live on campus rather than living with my parents. I had already received a cal grant for $5,742 to help out with paying for school, but once I submitted a change for the school of attendance on the california student aid commision website, it says that there is an "unmet need below minimum." Also on the california commision website, the housing status still says "with parents." My school of attendance was set on SDSU and the cal grant was awarded for on campus housing, but once I changed the school of attendance, the award was no longer there. What's weird is that when I go to the submit school change tab and go to the school change simulator, the cal grant says it's awarded. What should I do?

Replies to: Financial Aid Help!

This discussion has been closed.