right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Scholarship Application Minimum

thewindrises88thewindrises88 8 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
Hi I just submitted my application to McGill and was about to start the scholarship application but I saw the minimum requirements for consideration, (for US students either a 1480 SAT or 34 ACT) and I was wondering If I should still apply as my scores are significantly below the minimum (1380 SAT and 30 ACT)
Thank you!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Scholarship Application Minimum

• WeLoveLymanWeLoveLyman 244 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 247 Junior Member
    edited November 2018
    Which scholarship is it?

The website says:
    No separate scholarship application is required. All first-time university students entering a full-time undergraduate degree program are automatically considered for a one-year scholarship if they meet the minimum academic requirements.

If you are applying for a specific scholarship and those are the guidelines, I think you should respect it. Otherwise, they will probably just throw the application out.

Is this the scholarship you are referring to?
    https://mcgill.ca/studentaid/scholarships-aid/future-undergrads/entrance-scholarships/criteria
    United States High School MINIMUM A, 95% or 4.00/4.00, or equivalent unweighted over last two years of full-time studies, and a minimum score of 710 in each SAT (740 on the new SAT) or 34 in the ACT. For changes to SAT scoring, please consult the McGill Enrolment Services' website.
    edited November 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 14637 replies974 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15,611 Senior Member
    No separate application is needed for the $3000 Entrance Scholarship. It is not renewable. Other merit aid does require a separate application. Your stats are significantly below the minimum requirements so an application would be pointless.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity