right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Lily Wuerth will be live on our Instagram page today at 3pm ET to talk about how she used extracurriculars to get into Georgia Tech. ASK HER ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Do I have any chance for Harvey Mudd?

MathIsCool13MathIsCool13 1 replies2 threads New Member
Basic Info: Asian female in CA, no hooks
Major: Engineering

GPA: 4.0 UW / 4.40 W
SAT: 1570, 800 Math II, 730 Chem

General ECs (pretty lackluster)
- COSMOS: college-level instruction in math, made research poster (submitting this)
- AcaDeca team captain
- Math Club VP
- CyberPatriots: Platinum level 2 years in a row

Volunteering:
- at library, hundreds of hours, for a few years

Work experience:
- coding instructor for kids
- internship for civil engineering: learned a lot about engineering, got LOR from mentor
- math instructor job

Awards:
- made it to the national level in a history competition
- 1st place in a fairly prestigious NorCal science/tech-related competition
- national merit semifinalist

Considering my lack of significant STEM accomplishments, do I even have a chance for Mudd?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do I have any chance for Harvey Mudd?

• mountaincachersmountaincachers 32 replies1 threads Junior Member
    It's always hard to predict who will get in and who won't, but, yes, I think you have a chance. I think the school is more concerned with finding the right fit with students than with an exact check list of STEM accomplishments. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity